5 - ...𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘚𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘮

Start from the beginning

"He now has 51 and that breaks his previous career high of 50."

Y/N was not stopping there. The Sixers scored on the next trip, but Y/N responded with a pull-up three, reaching 54 points. After a great defensive stop on the next play, he got the ball back and quickly put it in off a euro-step. The basket netted him 56 points.

"He's unstoppable!"

"Don't you know? There is no stopping The Prodigy!"

Y/N ended up being fouled on the next possession, and he gained two more points on the free throws, giving him 58. Then, with 34 seconds left in the third, Y/N got the ball back and pulled up on the three. Milton fouled him as he did, and it still went in, giving Y/N his 61st point and the chance at another.

"And the foul! A chance at a four-point play!"

"This may be one of the best performances we have ever seen!"

"And there still is an entire quarter to go!"

Y/N went to the line, taking breaths and wiping away his sweat. He was pretty exerted, and now he knew how Kobe must've felt when he scored 62 against the Mavericks over a decade ago.

He was given the ball and was ready to shoot the free throw. As he bounced it, there was a collective chant of MVP for him. It came as a surprise since it was an away game...but the fans were simply in awe and appreciating the greatness before them.

Y/N shot the free throw and made his 62nd point. It also put the Lakers up 29 as the score was now 123-94.

The third quarter ended, and the Lakers returned to the bench. As Y/N walked, the fans near their seats applauded and cheered. He pounded his chest multiple times as he looked at them.

He dapped up his teammates and sat down, getting his well-deserved rest after such a tolling feat

Once it was time for the fourth quarter, Y/N thought if he should go back out there. Sure, he was tired and felt some tightness in his feet, but he thought about how he could possibly break 81 points or maybe even get close to 100.

But Y/N remembered what his mentor often told him: to trust your body. The game was pretty much over, so for him and the stars to go back out and risk injury was not a good idea. Kobe was reckless like that, which is what caused his body to fail at the tail end of his career.

Kobe wanted Y/N to be smarter than him. Better than him.

So, Y/N decided to sit for the rest of the game. Coach Frank Vogel also chose to keep LeBron and AD out and put in the bench unit to finish the game.