"You don't have to worry about this. Your father is able to save you." My father stated in an authoritive tone.

" But dad..." I was about to say something but he stopped me in between.

" It's late go to your room and sleep."

I didn't want to argue with him so I left quietly. I could not sleep even in my room and kept wandering here and there due to restlessness.

I know my father can never see me sad but what about those innocent people, what is their fault. If we lose, what will happen to this empire? Just thinking about this made my heart sunk.

I have to do something...

I will talk to my dad in the morning.

I got tired of tossing and turning in bed and finally fell asleep.

My maids woke me up from sleep and after taking bath I went to talk to mom and dad.

They were sitting in their room and as soon as they saw me a smile formed on their face.

But I knew it was a fake one.

I greeted them and sat in front of them.

" I need to talk to you guys " I said and they looked towards me in confusion.

" yeah my child speak." My mom said.

I don't know how to say that but after a lot of struggle finally I managed to say.

"I am ready to marry him."

They looked at me with surprise.

"We will not allow you to do this." They said in union.

"But.."

" There is one more thing you need to know."

"And what's that " I gulped down.

He started narrating the whole incident.

" His letter arrived yesterday morning in which he warned us of war. We ourselves were strongly against this war, so at that very moment I went to meet him in his empire and proposed a treaty-

Udaybhan singh :-
Rana sa is there any way we can stop this war. The war can only ruin the wealth and infrastructure of both territories. Most importantly many innocent people will lose their lives just for the sake of the mistake in the past. I hope you understand. You are young and passionate. Time will teach you many things.

I tried a lot to convince him but everything went in vain. His next words still haunts me.

Abhimanyu:-
Oh my highness you took my most precious thing from me ten years ago now you are teaching me about the cons of war. You took something I will do the same. Tit for tat . I will snatch something which you adore and love the most. If you want to stop the war you have to marry your daughter with me . I want your daughter. The choice is all yours. I give you 3 days and if your answer is no then no one can stop this destruction."

I looked at him and my mind turned totally blank.

I hugged him tightly.

"Child, that is why we will not let you marry him. For him, you are just a means to take revenge from us. He will never be able to keep you happy and we can't see even a single tear in your eyes. Now you go and rest, your father is still alive to worry about all this."

I nodded and went to my room.

I spent the whole day alone in my room. After eating a little at night, I was watching the army preparing for war from the window of my room, when suddenly the door of my room opened and I saw my maid Ranjana coming towards me. She is my maid so to speak, but since childhood I considered her my sister. I didn't have a sister, so that void was filled in her form. She came and sat near me and asked..