Ch 13 being sold !

As the conversation unfolded, the tension in the room intensified. Feeling the weight of their differing perspectives, Shalini's husband, spurred by his own convictions, declared his reservations about the proposed alliance. Shalini, fueled by empathy and a desire for positive change, stood firm in her belief that extending a helping hand to the girl in question would be an act of kindness and compassion.

The clash of values within their home hinted at the complexities of societal expectations and individual aspirations, leaving the couple at a crossroads in their journey of understanding and compromise.

"Look, buddy, do whatever you want. If you want to make that girl your daughter-in-law, go ahead. But at least ask your dear son once." Ahil's father now preferred not to engage further in the discussion, leaving everything on his wife and walked away.

____

A while later, their beloved son returned home from the office. The atmosphere was congenial as they all gathered for dinner. The clinking of cutlery and the warmth of shared moments created a semblance of normalcy before his mother decided to broach the sensitive topic.

Midway through the meal, Ahil's mother, a tinge of concern in her eyes, ventured into the subject of his marriage. "Ahil, my son, the time has come for you to embark on the journey of marriage. How much longer will you navigate life's journey alone? At 28, it's worth contemplating."

Ahil, seemingly nonchalant, took a bite of his dinner and replied, "Yeah, sure."

Encouraged by his response, his mother took the opportunity to share her plan, "So, I've found a suitable match for you this time. I've put a lot of thought into it, and I won't entertain any objections."

Ahil, feeling a surge of frustration, retorted with a hint of irritation, "Fine, if you want to bring in a daughter-in-law, go ahead. But don't expect anything from me." With that, he delivered a stern warning and retreated to his room, leaving his family to contemplate the aftermath of their well-intentioned but contentious decision.

In the aftermath, seated together, Mr. Raizada couldn't resist teasing his wife, "See the result of insisting. Sometimes, patience is the key."

Little did they know, the impending union carried with it a mixture of hope, uncertainty, and the inevitable clash of individual desires within the confines of familial expectations. However, Shalini had also made up her mind that, outcome whatever maybe, she would ensure Ahil's wedding takes place this time.

____

The next morning, she called Hiya's brother, Ashok, and said, "Please make Hiya ready as a bride. Tomorrow, I will come to take her. I will arrange for the bride's attire to be sent to my servants by evening."

Overjoyed at this unexpected turn of events, Ashok replied, "Yes, madam, it is my sister's good fortune that she will be of service to you."

Smiling, Shalini responded, "Certainly, why not?"

After the conversation with Shalini, Ashok was turning around when he noticed Hiya standing behind him. She had heard the conversation but couldn't comprehend the full extent of it. Intrigued and puzzled, she waited for Ashok to explain the situation.

At that moment, Hiya's brother, noticing her standing behind him, unleashed his anger. "So, you were standing here eavesdropping on my conversation! Not only are you ill-mannered, but you also stealthily listen to my discussions."

"N... no, brother, I truly didn't hear anything. I came to bring your clothes," she replied timidly, fear evident in her voice.

"Whether you listen to me or not, be prepared because tomorrow is your court marriage," he declared sternly.

"W... what, brother? But I don't want to get married," she uttered, her entire body trembling at the mere mention of marriage.

___

The revelation left Hiya in a state of shock. She had been inadvertently thrust into a situation she had never anticipated. The idea of court marriage was unsettling, and the suddenness of the announcement left her grappling with a whirlwind of emotions.

As the news sank in, Hiya contemplated her predicament. Court marriage, a term laden with implications she had never fathomed, loomed ahead. Her brother's words echoed in her mind, a stark reminder of a reality she was unprepared to face. The conflict within her intensified as she grappled with the prospect of an unforeseen union, all while her desires and aspirations seemed to fade into the background.

The impending court marriage cast a shadow over Hiya's world, leaving her to navigate the intricate web of emotions, expectations, and the looming unknown that lay ahead.

Before she could say anything more, her brother, yanking her hair, said, "I have arranged your alliance in the most prestigious household, where there are thousands of servants. Be thankful that they are willing to make someone as unruly as you their daughter-in-law; otherwise, you wouldn't be worth it."

The pain she felt when her brother pulled her hair mirrored the emotional turmoil within her. Through tears and pain, she managed to say, "Ah... brother, I... I don't want to get married. I... I want to live my life by serving both of you. But please, brother, don't force me into marriage again."

As she pleaded with her brother through tears and pain, at that very moment, her sister-in-law approached from behind and remarked, "If you don't get married, we will be ruined. We have made any deals for you. How did you even think that someone would marry a person like you?!" She revealed the harsh truth in a bitterly blunt tone.

Upon hearing about the prospective deal, she trembled. A deal, meaning she was being sold again? Did it imply that she would have to endure the same torment she had been enduring for the past four months? Were her nights destined for yet another round of torment? Was she made for this purpose - for someone to strike a deal with her, compromising her dignity once again? Was she considered such a grave sinner by her family that they themselves decided to negotiate her fate?

These thoughts plagued her mind, and her entire being shuddered with fear. Being a servant was acceptable to her, but becoming an object for someone's bed was absolutely intolerable.