CHAPTER 27! the second him and cherry met, it was nothing but arguments

ابدأ من البداية

"that's the fleece?" cherry questioned, after peeling her eyes from percy. "i could literally go get it right now."

"this is too easy." percy agreed.

"there's supposed be a guardian. a dragon, or.." annabeth stopped speaking when she spotted a deer.

it trotted into the meadow.

all the sheep bleated at once and rushed the animal.

the poor animal was lost in a sea of wool. a second later, the sheep moved away, returning to their wandering. a pile of bones rested in the spot the deer had last been seen.

cherry gasped, and covered her eyes.

"they're like piranhas." annabeth commented.

"piranhas with wool. how will we-" percy began, but stopped speaking after he realized just how uncomfortable cherry was.

"percy!" annabeth gasped, grabbing his arm. "look."

as if magic, cherry's hands were ripped from her face.

her eyes darted to percy's arm. more specifically, where annabeth's hand rested.

she followed the girls line of sight.

just below the sheep meadow, there was a small boat. written on the side was css birmingham.

clarisse, cherry recognized.

« ───── « ʚɞ » ───── »

there was no way to get past the man-eating sheep.

percy moved the boat to the back side of the island, and made their way up the cliffs.

annabeth was the best climber, so she went first.

cherry was silent.

she had been unusually silent the entire time.

percy seemed to spot all the girls mannerisms. he knew that she was upset. she didn't talk when she was upset. or pay attention.

when annabeth's foot slipped, she'd ended up kicking percy in the face.

cherry's easily recognizable giggle was heard from beneath.

strangely, that made percy just a little more comfortable.

annabeth's hauled herself over the side of the cliff.

percy did the same. he reached out a hand to help up the redhead below him. she waved it off, saying she'd never need his help.

she pulled herself up beside him, and then quickly moved away.

the trio of children seemed to collapse onto the floor.

before cherry could begin an argument with the exhausted blonde, a loud growl came from below them.

percy's first instinct was to reach for cherry, but he knew she'd just smack his hand away.

so he didn't.

"you're a feisty one!" the deep voice bellowed.

"challenge me!" the voice replied. "give me back my sword and i'll fight you!"

cherry knew it was clarisse.

rhe redhead made her way to the edge of the cliff.

the duo behind her did the same.

standing there, alive, and in a wedding dress, was grover.

a bright smile grew on cherry's face.

she shoved at percy's shoulder, aggressively pointing, trying to keep quiet.