"All I want to say is that my work, my film score, is the one that won this award, not me as a person. It was the one that was judged, not me. I am just the agent who created it. That is all. Thank you, everyone."

Those who resented her for winning the award felt like they were slapped in the face by her speech. They deemed her unqualified to win the award because of her youth and inexperience in the film industry, believing that the seasoned veterans were more worthy than her to win. They disregarded the criteria of judging which was based purely on the nominated piece of work and not the creator.

The general public in the audience, led by the Black Stars, all gave a loud standing ovation for her. In contrast, there was a vague sense of awkwardness among the front and centre row seats.

There were even those who glared at her while she made her way back to her delighted group. They didn't like her seemingly harmless speech but was actually quite a barbed one. Iris unknowingly made a few enemies in the film industry tonight. She herself had no idea about this.

For the rest of the ceremony, "Strong Yet Broken" won three more times. They won Best Actress, Best Director and the most important award of the night, the Best Picture Award.

Overall, they won five of the eleven awards that they were nominated for. Although they won the most sought-after awards, they didn't win the most awards. Another film won a total of seven awards. It was a blockbuster film with an all-star line-up.

Nevertheless, "Strong Yet Broken" was still deemed to be the biggest winner for the night. After all, it won the Best Picture Award.

The day after the awards ceremony, almost all of the news reported about the winners. People discussed the film awards and the winners.

"Dammit! I hate that movie 'Strong Yet Broken'! Made me cry like a fucking baby! But yeah, it deserves all of the awards it got. I still hate it, though! And damn you, Iris Long! I cry every single time I listen to 'Phantom of Your Love'! I request for the radio stations to stop playing that cursed song! She totally deserves to win because it's so beautiful and amazing. Doesn't mean I like it, though. "

"Total respect for making such a socially relevant film as 'Strong Yet Broken'. I wish that more films like this are made to raise awareness on the issues we as a society face. To be honest, I'm so tired of all those xianxia movies. I still like watching them, but sometimes they feel too similar and repetitive. 'Strong Yet Broken' deserves to win those five awards. But it seems like xianxia films won't die anytime soon, winning those seven awards and all."

Sentiments like these floated all over the internet. The general public accepted most of the results. Nobody raised any complaints that "Strong Yet Broken" won those five awards. In fact, some even thought that it should've won more. They also didn't complain that Iris Long won the Best Original Score Award. It was only those in the film industry who weren't completely happy with her win.

As for the Black Stars, they were absolutely overjoyed.

"Go Boss Iris! You're the best! Congratulations on winning Best Original Score! We're so proud of you!"

"We wave our mighty slippers in celebration of our Boss Iris' triumph! Begone haters! You're just envious of our boss' awesomeness!"

After a few days, the country's film industry was rocked by a shocking news. LX Productions released an official announcement. It said:

"We are excited, joyful and proud to announce that our film 'Strong Yet Broken' is short-listed for the Sommet International Film Festival. We will be proudly representing our country in this prestigious international film festival in France...."