"I don't know what happened between the two of you that you needed to separate temporarily. Your Fifth Brother, that dunderhead grandson of mine, called me out of nowhere and told me to bring Xiulan out of the country. I asked why but he wouldn't tell me anything! That girl also won't tell me anything! Well, I respect your secrets so I didn't investigate, even though I was burning in curiosity. Never mind that. It looks like everything is fine now. I'm glad that you two are together again and very active in fulfilling this old man's wish of giving me great-grandbabies."

"Thank you very much for taking care of Xiulan, Grandpa Lu. I knew that she was in safe hands when I heard that she was with you." Then a faint smile tugged Jin Liwei's lips. "I don't mind having children now, but I want to marry her first. You'll have to wait after our wedding before you can have your long-awaited great-grandbabies. And also she's still young. I'm not sure whether she wants to have children right away."

Grandpa Lu squinted his eyes at him. "Wedding, eh? Well, you better move fast, my boy. That girl will only shine more brightly from here on. It's inevitable that there will be other men who'll want and desire her. If you ever take her for granted, I'm sure someone else will quickly steal her away from you."

"I'll never take her for granted. I love her," Jin Liwei said in a serious tone.

"That's what I want to hear! Very good! This old man will have to stay healthy then, so that I will still have the energy to carry and spoil my future great-grandbabies! Don't take too long, alright? Ahahaha!"

After coffee, the two still went out for a jog around the hilly neighbourhood. The weather was cold and running in winter attire was hard, but it was refreshing especially with such a breathtaking view of the Swiss Alps.

They jogged back to the chalet when the sky began to lighten moments before sunrise. Iris was already awake when they returned. She was in the kitchen drinking tea while watching the chalet's caretaker cook eggs, bacons and sausages for breakfast.

Everyone greeted each other.

Iris was glowing, her bright eyes sparkling. She jumped from her seat, ran into Jin Liwei's embrace, and then pulled his head down for a kiss.

Jin Liwei was a bit surprised but also very pleased at how forward she was becoming in showing her affection for him, especially in front of other people. His heart filled with pure happiness. He hooked his arms around her waist. When they finished kissing, there was a stupid grin on his face.

"You two haven't even married yet, but you're already acting like you're on your honeymoon! Hmph! Let this old man eat proper breakfast, not dog food!" Grandpa Lu grumbled, but his eyes danced in amusement.

They ate together, a picture of a happy family.

Visit and read more novel to help us update chapter quickly. Thank you so much!

Chapter 252 - Smacked In The Face

After breakfast, Grandpa Lu waved the lovers away. He said he needed some peace and quiet. Although he sounded like he was complaining and chasing them out of his chalet, the lovers knew that the elder was just giving them the opportunity to spend more time together.

Iris freed her schedule for the entire morning and moved her lessons in the afternoon instead. They rode the shuttle bus to the main castle. She toured Jin Liwei around the academy, showing him where she usually spent most of her time.

There weren't a lot of people, as most of the alumni and even some of her fellow students already left the academy after the welcoming dinner for her and Grandpa Lu.

Nevertheless, they still met some alumni along the way who were even familiar with Jin Liwei. Most of them worked in the financial and business industries.