~Prologue~

"You dare defy my wishes?" A tall Nord woman screeched inside of the Ragged Flagon. She had no weapon in her hands, but there were daggers in her eyes.

Another Nord, this time male, stood in front of her. "Maven, get ahold of yourself. The Guild needs to be more independent, and even if we did need help, I wouldn't want it from you."

She whipped around, her hair flying violently behind her as she stalked out. No one moved to stop Maven, as they were all too intimated of her. Before slamming the door to the Flagon, Maven Black-Briar shouted one last time. "Thukir, you will regret this. Turning your damn back on me will be the last thing you do. I can promise you that!"

A man sitting at the table was shaking his head at the entire scene. He had decided the new Guildmaster was foolish early on, but he never would've guessed that he was so hardheaded to turn away from Maven- the woman with control over Riften's guards as well as many other things.

Gods, he thought. Things are going to get very messy very soon. He took a long drink from his tankard, finishing about half of the mead.

But, just like his half-full tankard, Delvin was seeing things better than they really were. He had no idea what was to truly come.

__________________________

Hello! I hope you've enjoyed Split Loyalties so far! I'm sorry the prologue was so short, but I can promise the regular chapters will be much longer.

Also, I was going to wait until I had a few chapters of this written, but heh I'm too impatient for that. XD Depending on what happens, the first chapter will be out later today or tomorrow. :3

Have a lovely day!

-ss