𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐢𝐢

Start from the beginning

"I'm deeply thankful." Bo-ra starts to put her hands forward and lower her head waiting for him to put them in her hand. Il-ha walks over quietly getting the cigarette from Hee-rak and walking past them.

"Yes, thank you." Hee-rak takes the other cigarette before putting the empty case into Bo-ra hands. Ha-na and I look at each other laughing at what is happening. Bo-ra starts to open up the empty case expected to find the cigarettes.

"Shit..." Closing the case annoyed the two boys start to turn round and blow in the girls face. "Gosh!" she says before wafting her hand in the air to get rid of the smoke.

"Do you want to die?" turning around to us I start to stand up and walk over to Il-ha putting my hand out for the cigarette.

"Since when did you smoke?" the boy hands me the cigarette while I take a puff of it.

Exhaling I look over at him to respond "For a while I just never got the chance to recently." I hand him back the cigarette. Going to walk over to the others but before I can he stops me, I look up to him but he looks away from me so I can't see his face.

Hearing the door open, my attention wanders over to Ae-seol who hurriedly walks over to Bo-ra holding a power bank. "Bo-ra, heres the portable charger."

The annoyed looking girl starts to walk over and snatches it out of Ae-seols' hand. Walking over to us Bo-ra sighs and slowly starts to turn round to the other girl.

"Hey, I told you not to call my name, didn't I?" the frustrated girl asks. "Am I your friend?"

"I'm sorry." Bo-ra looks at the girl in disgust.

"Leave."

"Pardon." the shy girl responds.

"What the hell are you doing?" the long haired girl says raising her voice.

Ha-na rushes to get up telling Ae-seol to leave. She starts to slowly walk off while the other two walk back to the seats.

"Ae-seol, bye!" the two boys say in unison before turning around. Looking at them with a look, I hit them over the head.

"You two are total idiots."

———— 🪖 ————

Hearing the bell through the school, we start to rush down the stairs to our classroom. Il-ha holds onto my hand while running, seeing our teacher walking past us we all greet her while rushing past her.

We walk into our classroom only just realising we were holding each others hands. I release my hand from his and walk over to my desk that was behind Kim Chi-yeol.

— 🪖—

Il-ha looks at his hand secretly missing the girls warmth from her hand. He starts to walk over to his desk while Ms. Park tells us to settle down.

—🪖—

"Attention! I have a gift for all of you today."

The whole class starts to get excited over what the surprised could be but everyone's hopes gets shattered when she proceeds.

"Mock exam results from September." Everyone slumps back into their seats unhappy from her statement.

"There is one more gift. I'll hand it out according to the score." The already unhappy students start to get more shocked and annoyed.

"That's too harsh!"

"You can't do that!"

Moving to put my head on the desk, I feel someone mess up hair. Already annoyed, I look up to see Il-ha with a smile on his face turning back to the front.

Focusing back on to what was happening Ms. Park shouts at us to be quiet. "Silence, silence. Silence!"

"Come out one by one when I call your name."

"First off... first place in our class and our school... Yeong Hoon." Silence fills the classroom already knowing it would be him because of him always beating everyone.

"Round of applause!" he starts to stand up while some people start to clap quietly except for Chi-yeol who is clapping very loud.

Putting my head on the desk just wanting to get this over with, until I hear something get thrown directly in front of my desk. I look over to Il-ha who had just thrown something at Chi-yeol for him to stop clapping loudly.

"Second place Yeong Su."

"Third place is Yu Jeong."

"Next is Choi y/n."

I look up hearing my name shocked that I got quite high. I slowly get up and walk over to the front to grab my results. "Thank you" I walk back to my seat looking at my scores. The boy next to me peaks over at my results also shocked.

"I thought you were dumb." Offended I look over at him with a look.

"Are you not talking about yourself? You're dumber than me." He looks over at me with a smile on his face before looking back to the front.

After a while, other names get called and it is now the last two remaining.

"All right. Two last places tied. The grand finale." Ms. Park says while holding up the two sheets of results.

"Gosh, let's protect the last placers!" the boy on the right of Il-ha says.

"He's right!"

"Protect what? They're just these two." she says annoyed. "Il-ha and Hee-rak, hurry and come forward."

The two boys look at each other and start to laugh while getting up. "Applaud!" they both start to clap for themselves.

"Gosh, what is there to clap for?" she says while looking at them unhappily. They both walk forward to go grab there results. While Il-ha walks back to his seat he walks forward into Yeong Hoons' bag and stares at the boy. Yeong Hoon looks up to him while Il-ha kicks his bag to the back of the classroom.

I look over to the two boys wondering what was happening. "Hey, the two of you!" shouts Ms. Park.

Il-ha starts to walk back to his seat while the announcement goes off.

"To all the teachers inside the school building, everyone, please come to the Administration office.

Repeating one more time.

To all the teachers inside the school building, everyone, please come to the Administration office. Dismissed."

Ms. Park gets ready to leave the room and says, "Make sure to get ready for classes."

"Everyone, turn in your phones!" She shouts while walking out the classroom.

———— 🪖 ————