40 | that's what she said

Start from the beginning

Meredith groans, then turns to Cristina.

"Ah, yeah, ok. Here's how it goes." Cristina tells her. "I do this for you and you do every enema I'm assigned to for an entire month."

"Deal!" Meredith immediately replies.

"Wow you really don't wanna do this." Cristina says.

"ENEMA DIDN'T WORK." Bailey says, as she lifts up the bedsheet on Steve's bed to see that he still had an erection.

Bailey looks like she can't believe what was happening, and the three interns enter.

"Enema didn't work?" Meredith asks.

"Enema didn't work." Maddison nods, turning to look at Cristina.

"Oh. Well, it was an excellent enema." Cristina tells them.

"So, what's the next step?" Bailey asks her interns.

"A needle aspiration." Cristina answers, and Steve gets scared.

"A needle?" He asks, horrified. "My penis?"

"We have to drain the blood." Meredith tells him, as they start to prepare and Bailey pulls out a huge needle on a tray.

"No way! No! Forget it!" Steve freaks out.

"Then you're looking at impotence, penile infarction or gangrene." Maddison shrugs.

"So if you want it to fall off..." Bailey tells him.

"No." The guy closes his eyes. "No, I really don't want that."

"Well, then let's get to it." Bailey tells them. "What goes up must come down."

Bailey leaves the room as Steve looks troubled.

"I feel nauseous." He tells them.

"Just lie back, close your eyes and try to relax." Meredith tells him.

"That's what she said." Maddison replies, making Meredith narrow her eyes.

"That's not funny, Maddy." Meredith tells her.

"Oh, it so is." Maddison chuckles. "You know why? Because that could actually be what she said."

Cristina snorts, making Meredith glare at the two, but they could see she was fighting a smile.

"If I could relax, I wouldn't be here." Steve tells them. "And that was a little funny."

AS CRISTINA HOLDS THE needle to drain the blood and starts with the procedure, the other two interns stand by the bed.

"What if I just gave him back the key?" Cristina asks.

"He'll be hurt." Meredith tells him.

"So?" Maddison asks.

"What if I don't use it?" Cristina asks.

"Well, then if you had no intention of using it then you shouldn't have taken it in the first place." Meredith replies.

"Wait, that constitutes as actually agreeing to take the key?" Maddison asks. "I'm never touching a key at a guy's house ever again."

"Oh, come on, Maddy's right." Cristina says. "Fishing a key out of a coffee cup isn't like some binding legal contract."