19. new beginnings*

19. new beginnings*

AHEM. So, this part is gonna have some 18+ stuff, which I think I can write. At least I'm going to try. So read at your own risk!! 

The India Vs Pakistan match at the Ahmedabad stadium was a success. India won, the match and also provided a lot of entertainment for the audience. Nandhini watched the match from the stands with Anushka, Ritika, Athiya and the others cheering on their boys. Shubman was able to take a few wickets, and score only 18 runs. But Nandhini felt that it was a good start after the dengue toll on him. Similarly at the Pune Stadium for the India Vs Bangladesh Match, the success was India's. Shubman also scored a half century which made everyone happy except himself. About a day later the Indian Cricket Team found themselves practicing at Dharamshala for the next match against New Zealand.

Shubman found himself practicing his ass off to perform well at the match on 22nd. He was upset with his previous performances. He didn't score well. But no one pressurized him seeing that he had just recovered. He decided to crash at Nandhini's room because he was too lazy to walk.

Upon reaching her room, he knocked on the door. As he scrolled through his phone, the door opened, and he saw Nandhini behind. Shubman entered Nandhini's room, his shoulders slumped with the weight of disappointment. Despite the team's victory, the shadow of his own performance lingered over him. He closed the door behind him, dropping his cricket bag with a sigh, lost in his own thoughts.

Nandhini, sensing his mood, looked up from where she was sitting on the bed, a concerned expression on her face. "Shubman, what's wrong? You look upset." Shubman ran a hand through his hair, a mix of frustration and self-doubt evident in his eyes. "I didn't play well in the past 2 matches. It's bothering me."

Nandhini stood up and approached him, placing a comforting hand on his shoulder. "Hey, it happens to the best of players. You'll bounce back in the next game. Remember, it's not always about the individual performance; it's about the team."

Despite her reassuring words, Shubman couldn't shake off the disappointment. He took a deep breath and glanced around the room, his eyes unintentionally falling on Nandhini. It was then that he noticed she was wearing the short dress she had on during the match the other day– the same one that seemed to have a particular effect on him.

He couldn't help but stare, his gaze trailing down her figure. Unbeknownst to her, he was captivated by the way the dress highlights her features. His heart quickened, and he groaned softly, frustrated with the unexpected surge of desire that coursed through him.

Nandhini, oblivious to Shubman's internal struggle, tilted her head, searching his eyes for a response. "Shubman, talk to me. What's going on?"

Shubman shook his head, attempting to gather his thoughts. "It's just... seeing you in that dress, it's like you have this... effect on me. I can't explain it, but it's distracting."

Nandhini blinked, surprised by his sudden confession. A playful smile tugged at her lips as she stepped closer. "Oh, really now? And here I thought I was the one being distracted by cricket matches."

Shubman chuckled, appreciating her attempt to lighten the mood. "It's not funny, Nandhini. I need to focus on my game, and right now, all I can think about is..."

Nandhini interrupted with a mischievous grin, "All you can think about is your girlfriend looking irresistible in a short dress?"

Shubman rolled his eyes, trying to maintain a serious demeanor. "You're not helping, you know."