11

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾  ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾  ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

Chan rushed towards the computer in which the CCTV footage was paused. He quickly zoomed into the face of the male as his mouth went agape in shock.

"N-no, it can't be. H-how?" He questioned, turning around. "It can't be. There's no way he's the killer"

"We don't have any other way Chan. All of these prove that he did them" Changbin replied. "We have to arrest him"

"No Bin. This might be a misunderstanding. He would nev-"

"Then how do you explain him missing since yesterday night? I'm sorry Chan. We have to do this"

Chan sighed as Changbin patted his shoulder. "Let's go" He said, rushing to issue an arrest warrant, Chan following him behind.

●◉◎◈◎◉●

A loud screeching was heard as two police cars parked in front of Jisung's apartment complex. Police officers and the two detectives got out from the vehicles as they ran along the stairs that lead to Jisung's apartment.

"It's Police! Open the door!" One of the officers said, banging on the door. "Open up!" He repeated as he didn't receive any respond.

"Open up Sir! If you don't we'd have to break through!" Another officer joined. As they still didn't receive any respond, they ordered the other cops to break in. As soon as the door broke open, Chan rushed inside, searching for Jisung.

"Jisung?" He called out as he searched the whole apartment along with the other cops. He was missing. He was nowhere to be found.

"He's gone" Chan mumbled.

"We need to launch a searching mission. Seal the house" Changbin said, leading the cops to rush.

●◉◎◈◎◉●

"They've put it in news" Changbin said, making his way towards Chan who was standing near the window of their office, looking over the sunset. He quickly turned as he heard Changbin's voice.

"To find Jisung?" He asked.

"Yep, It has already been a day so yeah. We need to hurry no?"

"Changbin?" Chan called after some silence. "Do you really think he was the killer this whole time?"

"I don't know. He's not someone like that. And why would he even want to kill some random college students? Besides he looked rather panicked in the footage. But we don't know the truth and all the evidences only prove that he's the killer"

"Speaking of that, the last victim wasn't a student"

"Yeah though, they seemed to be fighting over something"

"I still can't believe this"

"I don't too Chan. But we have to. It's not like he's innocent just because he's our friend. Besides, he had ran off. It also proves that he's guilty" Changbin said, leaning onto the wall. He reached for his phone as it started ringing, indicating an incoming call. "It's Hyeji. They must've found him" He said, before answering the call. "Okay, we'll be right there"

"Let's go Chan. They've found him"

"Is he okay? I mean..." Chan asked, worried.

'He's my friend after all'

Changbin's expression softened as he looked at Chan. "Let's see"

●◉◎◈◎◉●

"Where was him?" Chan asked while they were on their way.

"At a small motel near Itaewon" Changbin replied still glancing at the road in front of him as he was driving the car. Atleast he wanted to hide the truth before Chan himself gets to know it.

Changbin parked the car in front of a small motel that was located in a pretty much isolated area. There were already few police cars parked. The motel appeared to be busy. Cops everywhere, motel owner and the workers getting questioned and ambulances? Chan was nervous. This was totally unexpected. He never thought that Jisung would do such a thing and neither he wanted to believe. His guts were telling him that he was innocent but the CCTV proved he wasn't.

He hesitantly followed Changbin as they stopped in front of the room which Jisung had bought. Changbin opened the door and both of them went inside. Chan's breath hitched as he witnessed the scene in front of him. There was Jisung, hanging from the ceiling by a rope, tightly secured around his neck, lifeless. Chan stumbled as he backed away and Changbin grabbed him, preventing him from falling.

"N-no, no," Chan mumbled. "GET HIM DOWN!" He yelled as he tried to free from Changbin's grip, tears filling his eyes.

"Chan! Calm down! It will be okay! Calm down!" Changbin whispered.

"How can I calm down?!" Chan yelled again, tears threatening to fall from his eyes. "Please! Get him down" Chan cried making Changbin to lead him again to the car and let Chan stay in there to rest until he calmed down.

Changbin also got in, hoping to comfort his triggered friend. "Chan," He started, sighing. "I know it's hard but you have to go through it. Okay? You the lead detective! You shouldn't be crying! You need to be strong. There's a reason for the chief to make you the lead detective while there were so many others to choose from"

"B-but Bin.... He's innocent. I know that. He didn't kill those innocent people. He was-"

"Enough! Enough Chan! Don't be so immature! After what he did to himself, you still believe he's innocent?! Don't be so stubborn Chan. You're smart" Changbin yelled, letting the anger out.

"I'm sorry" Chan mumbled as he aggressively wiped his tears from his palms. How pathetic? Can't even handle such a small case. He was ashamed. How did you even become the lead detective? His thoughts yelled at him.

"Good! Are you coming? We still have the investigation"

Chan thought for a while before answering. Have some pride Chan. What are you if you can't even handle a simple situation?

"Yes"