Ch 12 A deal !

The sight that greeted her eyes was unexpected - a woman, poised and polished, stood at her doorstep. Adorned in white jeans and a pristine shirt, the visitor exuded an air of affluence. Her long, colored hair, impeccably tied in a ponytail, framed a countenance that hinted at a life beyond the confines of Hiya's grayscale world.

As the woman removed her dark glasses, revealing eyes that spoke of experiences and depth, she uttered words that hinted at a potential divergence from the mundane. "If it's not inconvenient, may I come in?"

Stunned, Hiya found herself nodding in agreement. The stranger crossed the threshold, and Hiya, eager to extend hospitality, ushered her into the living room. The clash of two worlds, one subdued and colorless, the other vibrant and mysterious, unfolded as they embarked on an unexpected encounter. Hiya, in her simple act of offering water and arranging tea, unknowingly began a chapter that held the promise of change, injecting a splash of intrigue into her otherwise dull existence.

As Hiya extended the glass of water, the woman gracefully declined, emphasizing her purpose for waiting - an encounter with Hiya's brother. The word 'master' echoed in the air, triggering a pang of surprise within Hiya. A silent question lingered heavily in her heart: had her relationship with her brother transformed into a mere dynamic of servitude?

A fleeting gaze at her worn-out attire, a relic of her sister-in-law's indifferent generosity, intensified Hiya's inner turmoil. The once vibrant black suit, now stained by the toils of domestic chores, mirrored the weariness etched on Hiya's face. Her hair, once a symbol of radiance, had succumbed to the monotony of daily drudgery.

The woman's observation about Hiya's appearance struck a dissonant chord. In that moment, Hiya felt reduced to a mere servant, a realization that brought tears to her eyes. However, a sudden recollection spurred her into action - the tea she had been preparing. Rushing to the kitchen, she found the almost-ready tea.

Returning to the guest, Hiya delicately placed the tea before her, a gesture fueled by genuine warmth. "Madam, please have some tea. I made it with a lot of love. You declined the water, but you must have the tea," she said, her voice carrying a mix of vulnerability and kindness.

Shalini, the visitor, shifted her attention towards Hiya with newfound interest. The captivating voice and eyes that spoke volumes impressed her. As she observed Hiya more closely, the conventional stereotypes associated with a maid faded away. In that moment, the boundaries of societal expectations blurred, replaced by a connection that transcended roles and appearances.

Savoring the tea, Shalini's initial compliment extended beyond mere politeness. "You've made a delicious tea, girl," she exclaimed, her words prompting a genuine smile from Hiya.

As Shalini continued to enjoy the tea, the timely return of Hiya's brother and sister-in-law added a new dynamic to the scene. Apologizing for her unannounced visit, Ashok's words hinted at a familiarity between them. Shalini, however, brushed off the apology, expressing contentment with the care Hiya had provided.

Her eyebrows raised in surprise, Shalini turned to Ashok, saying, "Your maid has taken good care of me. I am genuinely impressed by her. In fact, I am considering bringing her to my own house." The unexpected proposition left everyone, especially Hiya, in a state of astonishment.

Quick to clarify the situation, Hiya's sister-in-law interjected, unveiling the familial connection. "It's good that you liked Hiya, but she is not our maid. She's my husband's little sister and my sister-in-law." A forced smile accompanied this revelation, betraying a hint of concern - the fear of losing the reliable presence that attended to household chores.

Shalini, taken aback by the revelation, looked at Hiya with a newfound perspective. Despite the initial assumption, Hiya's silence spoke volumes. As Shalini gazed at the girl's seemingly dull face, she still saw an attractive and beautiful charm, realizing that sometimes appearances can belie the intricacies of one's reality.

In the wake of Shalini's unexpected revelation, the atmosphere grew tense. She made her financial demand known, emphasizing the stark contrast between Hiya and her brother. The gravity of the situation unfolded as Shalini insisted on retrieving the invested money, threatening to involve her short-tempered son if the payment wasn't made.

Surekha, desperate to find a solution, made a shocking proposal. With a pitiful expression, she suggested offering Hiya in lieu of the owed sum. The plea left Shalini momentarily indifferent, but when the notion of a deal involving Hiya was introduced, she paused and decided to listen.

Considering the proposition, Shalini questioned the utility of taking Surekha's daughter-in-law into her household. Surekha, quick to discern Shalini's unspoken sentiments, painted a picture of a potential arranged marriage for Shalini's son, Ahil. A deal where, once an heir was secured, Hiya could be released without repercussions.

Seeing the potential benefits, Shalini contemplated the offer. Hiya, in her eyes, appeared more appealing than Agastya

Ahil's supposed preferred match, Aakriti. The prospect of resolving her financial predicament while securing a potential daughter-in-law seemed like a reasonable trade-off.

After some consideration, Shalini agreed to the arrangement. Convinced that Hiya would become, at least temporarily, a part of her son's life, she left with a newfound plan. The uncertainty of the future lingered, but Shalini had made her decision, ensuring that her lineage would continue through this unexpected turn of events.

----------------------

Upon returning home, Shalini earnestly broached the subject with her husband, seeking his perspective. However, her husband vehemently opposed the idea. Brushing aside Shalini's words, he expressed his strong disapproval, stating, "Shalini, orchestrating our son's union with that girl solely for the sake of preserving familial traditions is fundamentally flawed. I absolutely cannot endorse a decision that might lead to the ruin of that poor girl's life."

Undeterred by his response, Shalini, her frustration building, countered, "I, too, harbor benevolent intentions for that girl. Having lived a life toiling as a servant, I have firsthand experience of the hardships she endures. Despite that, I aspire to grant her a life of comfort and ease."

As the conversation unfolded, the tension in the room intensified.