Ch 10 What Advantage !

"Didn't I save you from those thugs, risking my life? So, don't I deserve some advantage from you?" He blurted, detecting her fear and tried to mess with her clouded thoughts a little.

"A... Advantage? W... what advantage?" Her lips trembled, and sweat began to flow down her forehead. Her breaths became fast and erratic. While Ahil, unable to take off his eyes, stares at her deeply.

She huddled in a corner, a detail Ahil keenly observed. He could see the terror creeping over her and it concerned him somehow, pushing him down the alley where she was being exploited when he wasn't present to protect her.

Why does her eyes tell me a story I am unknown to? And why the fuck is it even bothering me?

Extending his hand toward her he was about to take the seat belt on his hand when he found her black pearl-like eyes closed. He was trying to study her briefly when Hiya jumped to a conclusion and was about to scream. And Ahil swiftly covered her mouth with his free hand, stopping her from accusing him for nothing.

She is crazy!
Just a few minutes ago she was clinging over me tightly to protect her and now easily comprehended, the dignity I saved, I'll exploit that only.

"Shhh...!", he hushed her and her doe-like eyes wide in panic stared back at him. Her lips gaping, and she breathes against his palm sending a shiver down his spine. She was distracting him somehow, making him feel the emotions he wanted to be deprived of. And slowly the next moment, drops of tears akin to pearls spilled from her eyes.

Ahil gasps and feeling guilty he quickly takes his hand away, sensing her petals detaching from his palms. He feels sorry for scaring her even though he didn't intend or do anything. He then tugged her with the seat belt and wiped off her tears gently making her stare at him like a lost puppy. He finds her cute and adorable like that when a droplet of sweat from her forehead rolls down to her cheeks and taking it in his finger, he glances over that and then back at her.

"You girls willingly give boys the access to force you... What's the need to reveal your fear to others? And then doubt your saviour?, he asked, as his eyes danced in amusement. But then shrugging it off he wipes his finger over his shirt, as he shakes his head over her naiveness.

He then quickly moved away from her and started the car. While Hiya, caught in a flustered situation, continued to watch him in silence. He had effortlessly conveyed a lesson to her in a few words and with his fake gestures. And then unknowingly she wanders how a partner like him is likely a rarity, a fortune bestowed upon only a few... while she had a monster like Utkarsh inscribed to herself.

Close to 1 o'clock, Ahil personally escorted Hiya to her doorstep. As Hiya attempted to hand back his blazer, he subtly signalled with his hand, uttering, "Keep it."

"I can't accept this... your blazer looks quite expensive", she replied, unsure to keep his goodness to herself for long.

"Yes... but its value pales in comparison to a girl's dignity," he replied, emphasising the importance of respect and self-worth. The moment lingered, resonating with a profound understanding between them. And once again, he reminded her how she wished for a gem like him but picked up a stone.

--------------------

He swiftly started his car with a nod and zoomed away as Hiya said she would look her way after this herself. She watched his car disappearing into the distance until it disappeared. And silently, she whispered a prayer for him, "May the Almighty fill your life with joy."

As she walked down the lane after he had left, she arrived at the small house where she had taken steps from childhood through youth. Entangled in the web of false love, she had forsaken everyone for that person. But today, when stumbled, she found herself at her parents' doorstep again. Everyone at her home was asleep when she knocked on the gate for a considerable time.

After a while, someone opened the gate. "Coming... coming... who's here so late at night?" She heard her mother's voice from a distance.

"Hiya, beta, what kind of state have you put yourself in?" As soon as her mother opened the gate, upon seeing her, her eyes welled up with tears.

Following the lead, her brother and sister-in-law also rushed outside upon hearing the commotion. Seeing Hiya, both of them were struck with shock.

Her mother immediately called her inside and ushered her to sit on the sofa. However, her brother and sister-in-law, while pointing at her torn clothes, said, "There's no need to sit this troublemaker here. She has brought disgrace to our name. I say, kick this shameless one out of the house."

In response, her mother tried to explain to her son, "Son, don't be so angry. It's very late; where will my daughter go? I agree she made a mistake, but can we impose such a severe punishment on her?"

Hiya's father, too, wasn't willing to keep her at home, avoiding eye contact. As everyone's anger escalated, she silently endured the scolding. Because where would she wander so late at night?
That person had already left after escorting her home. However, after numerous efforts from her mother, those family members reluctantly agreed to let her stay at home.

__________

Ahil's mother waited anxiously for him until late at night. He hadn't returned home by then. Filled with anger, she paced around the hall. Suddenly, he entered the mansion. Seeing him, her anger momentarily subsided, but then her gaze fell on Ahil's injury, and her expression changed abruptly.

His pristine white shirt was splattered with blood. To avoid his mom's questions, he had already removed the piece of the girl's saree he had tied around him, tucking it into his pocket. So, she could only see the blood on his shirt, which made her quite uneasy.

"Ahil's daddy...! Ahil's daddy...!" she exclaimed, anxiously calling Mr. Agraj. After a couple of calls, he came out. "Shalini, what happened now?"