41 | stop extorting him

Start from the beginning

"40 acres of some of the most beautiful land in Seattle!" Derek argues.

"I did not give up a Central Park brownstone to come live in the forest!" Addison answers.

"Maddy, likes the trailer!" Derek tells her.

"Do you, Maddy?" Addison asks and they both look at her. "Do you really?"

"I like it as a 'I can stay there for a few hours'." Maddison answers. "I'm never going to agree to sleeping in a tin can surrounded by trees."

"Exactly!" Addison puts her hands up. "That's what I'm talking about!"

"Addie, our house in the Hamptons had trees. You didn't mind those trees, did you?" Derek says.

"They were the Hamptons." Addison argues.

"Do you even hear what you say, Der?" Maddison teases.

"So, you think I should give up the trailer?" Derek asks her.

"No." Maddison shrugs.

"Why are you pointing at me like that?" Derek asks Addison.

"Don't-" Addison gets cut off.

"Okay, I have rounds." Maddison tells them. "And as much as I love being your marriage counselor, I'm an intern."

MADDISON CATCHES UP TO Meredith and George just as they open the intern's locker room.

"Hey, bitches." Maddison greets, walking in.

"Oh, does anyone have any decent food?" Cristina asks, munching on a packet of chips.

Maddison walks to her locker and turns to Cristina, opening her mouth making the latter feed her ships.

"Yeah, I just had french fries for dinner." Maddison tells them, after chewing.

"You guys really should eat breakfast." George tells them.

"Who are you? My mother?" Maddison asks, as Meredith hands Cristina some two protein bars. "Wait, no, my mother wasn't around to say that."

"God, you sound like Burke." Cristina adds. "You know sometimes I think we would be better off with dogs."

"Preaching to the choir! I'm over men." Meredith tells them.

"Real nice. You know a dog is not a replacement for a human being." George says.

"Bitch and moan, people." Maddison smirks, taking one of the protein bars Cristina was offering. "I have a cat, a man, and my man has a dog."

"You man?" Cristina raises an eyebrow.

"Oh, hell." Maddison leans her head on the locker door. "I keep doing this!" She tells them, turning to face the other interns. "I keep on saying things like that!"

"Like what?" Meredith asks.

"Like I call him my boyfriend or my man." Maddison groans.

"So what?" Cristina shrugs. "William would pay you to call him your man." Her eyes light up. "Oh, maybe I can get him to pay me for get you to say that!"

"Stop extorting him, Cupcake." Maddison tells her.

"Maybe it's a good thing." Meredith smiles at Maddison. "Maybe that means you want him to be your boyfriend."

"Mer, that is so not the point." Maddison tells her.

"What is the point then?" George asks.

"The point is, he said some pretty bad stuff and I am not going to start a relationship when I forgive him for something without him doing a big grand gesture." Maddison explains.