"Hi," malamig na bati nito ng umupo sa tabi nya.

"Hi, what brings you here?" ganting tanong niya rito.

She saw how his eyes traversed down her body at hindi nito nagustuhan ang nakita. "Is there a party somewhere you have to be in?" 

She looked down her little, black dress. "A dinner."

"Oh," walang emosyong sagot nito.

"Anyway, what are you doing here?"

"I'm here because nag-aalala kami ng mga magulang mo sa'yo. You just left Hacienda Castro na para bang wala kang pamilyang mag-aalala sayo."

"They're all busy with Winnie," tipid na sagot niya. "And she deserves the attention. Kakatapos lang ng surgery niya and she needs to recover ASAP. I understand why my parents have to be beside her."

"But that's not enough reason to leave without even saying goodbye to anyone."

"What does it have to do with you? Did my parents send you here?"

"No, I came here out of my own free will,  Clara. I wanted to fetch you and bring you back."

She groaned in frustration at tinampal ang manibela sa harapan niya. "God, what is it with you and trying to cage me in that place?" iritang sigaw niya.

And that brought Alejandro to a stop. He just remained... silent.

"Now, you won't even answer?"

"I didn't know that's how you feel."

"Well, I don't exactly like the province. I'm sure you know that by now. And the fact that I have to stay there for almost a week was already a sacrifice and effort from my end." Pero pagkatapos ng lahat, siya pa rin ang lumabas na masama sa mga mata ni Alejandro all because of what happened to Winnie...

"Fine, I'm not forcing you to stay anymore."

That caught her attention. Did he just give up on her? Is Winnie going to end up getting everything she rightfully owns - her parents, the hacienda and Alejandro? 

"I'm just happy to see... your actually okay. I thought you flew because you felt guilty. I'm sorry if I said some things from last time. But clearly, you have really made up your mind." He looked at her once more. Her little, black dress was unable to hide her long legs and he was clearly entertained by that fact, judging by how his eyes lingered. But it was also quick.

Yes, she was guilty about what just happened. Pero paano niya aamin ito sa lalaking kaharap ngayon? 

"Anyway, I'm going. Thanks for your time," he said disappointedly. Well he was about to go down her car when she reached out to him.

She grabbed his left arm bago pa ito makababa. "I took your challenge and stayed in the province for a while. Will you be nice enough to take my challenge and stay here in the city with me? For a week? I'll show you why I love this place and why I fit in here more than anywhere."

"What are you asking?"

"Stay with me in my condo for the meantime. A few days? A week? I'm sure Winnie has all the help there. Hindi mo kailangang bumalik ng hacienda kagad. My parents are already all over her, anyway."

"Stay? With you?"

She also didn't know saan nanggaling ang ideyang iyon but it looks like ito lang ang maaari niyang gawin so he would stay... away from Winnie. As much as she feels guilty, hindi niya alam bakit hindi niya gustong nalalapit ito sa pinsan. It pains her just to even think about it!

She nodded. "Yes, you heard me."

"I currently stay in a hotel but okay. I can stay with you."

She was stunned to even speak. Her idea, indeed, worked. Pero ngayon hindi na niya alam anong gagawin. 

"Should I get my stuff and go to you after? Can you tell me your address?"

"Oh, right. Here." She picked up her phone, typed something and sent it to him. "I just have dinner. Meet me in my condo in four hours."

"Right, dinner." Mukhang iritado ito ngayon. "Fine, I'll see you then, sweetheart." It was quick but he left her a quick peck on the right cheek.

That stunned her all the more.

"See you tonight, Clara," he whispered to her ear before sliding her car. 

And that sent her heart into a major chemical reaction.

*****

A/N: Weekend was sooooo fast. Why is it always like this? But February is supposed to be great because it's the month of love. So here's a little update for our current fave couple.

Excited na ba kayo maging roomies sina Alejandro and Clara? Comment down kung ano sa tingin nyo ang mga susunod na mangyayari. *wink wink*