Ch 9 Have you escaped from mental asylum ?

As Ahil continued to attend to her with genuine concern, a pause lingered in the air, allowing Hiya to absorb the nuances of the moment. His actions spoke louder than words, revealing a side of humanity she had rarely encountered. A mixture of gratitude and embarrassment settled within her as he gently wiped away her tears, creating a unique connection between two souls traversing through the unexpected twists of fate.

The hazel eyes that had witnessed much silently communicated a profound understanding, leaving Hiya to contemplate the depth of compassion that had unexpectedly entered her life. She lowered her gaze, and he continued, "I am sorry... I know I shouldn't have done this, but you were crying nonstop for a long time, and I couldn't resist."

--------------------

The night was dark as pit hole with a chilling air blowing out. And in this complete stillness even the air could be detected with its ringing sound, as if getting hovered by the darkness of night the air turned out to be an nightingale. Ahil and Hiya were standing in each other's warmth, as if two lost souls looking for their destination finally met. When the radiating heat between them finally clicked and with a sudden awkwardness they seperate.

They look everywhere but at each other as Hiya mesmerised and overwhelmed with Ahil's gesture looked down. While Ahil with an uneven heartbeat was trying to conclude those foreign emotions gripping his chest cast a glance at his wrist. Ahil realised it was past midnight now, as his hazel brown orbs observed the gold frame watch.

Cutting through the awkward silence, he inquired, "It's getting quite late... Could you share your address with me? So, I'll make sure you get home safely."
Responding promptly, she relayed her address, and he acknowledged with a nod mumbling "okay."

Inviting her to join him, they headed towards his car. As they approached, Ahil quickened his normally fast pace, reaching the vehicle swiftly. In contrast, Ahil, was far at the end, dealing with discomfort and pain in her ankles, moved with a distinct limp, resembling a fragile creature navigating the terrain with resilience.

Going missing over her presence beside him, Ahil paused, finding himself alone. His brows creased up, craning his head behind he tries to look for her only to find the poor girl struggling to walk forget about matching his footsteps. Inhaling deeply, he swiftly approached her and, without hesitation, lifted her in a bridal style, creating a momentary delay.

Startled by the unexpected gesture, she closed her dark, deep eyes, feeling a blend of embarrassment and surprise. The intense perfume emanating from Hiya's body wafted over her, a pleasant scent that could encapsulate centuries within its allure.

Contrary to this, Utkarsh had always been associated with the scent of alcohol.
She slowly opened her eyes, and her gaze fixated on his exposed chest where two buttons of his shirt were undone. Shifting her focus away, she looked at his face, which was silently pulling her into his embrace and walking. When suddenly, their eyes met - her black diamond eyes collided with his hazel brown ones.

Panicking, Hiya quickly averted her gaze to the other side, and in response, he smirked, a subtle smile she failed to notice.

He placed her in the car and took the driver's seat. Before starting the car, Hiya noticed blood seeping from his shoulder. "Oh... I am sorry... Your shoulder is bleeding because of me. Wait, let me do something."

Uttering these words, she glanced towards her torn saree and tore a piece off to bandage his bleeding shoulder. Her breaths fanning over his neck caught him off-guard. His heart skipped a beat as he keenly watched her do temporary first aid. When she rested back on her seat with a subtle small smile, his eyes flickered a heartwarming shine in it. He couldn't express what he felt just now in words but just wanted to live on the web. When his eyes roams over her and he subconsciously frowns a little with a question popped in his head, pestering him.

"What were you doing? And why?" He questioned bluntly making her raise her brow in bafflement. And to make her understand he eyes toward her dress and continues, "Your saree is already torn, and now this? Why? And how did that even happen to you?"

He felt sympathetically bad for her and was willing to know more about her. He was curious to know what happened to her, to cause a beauty like her land in such a situation. Ahil unknowingly was interested to know if he should believe the state of her in front of his eyes and jump into a conclusion or look for the backstory which her black innocent eyes are holding.

"Yes... um...!" The internal struggle left her grappling for words, struggling whether to keep the unsettling encounter a secret or not. She didn't know him much and her triggering past wasn't something she wanted to discuss right now, that even with a stranger.

Ahil , eyeing her closely, inquired, "Did you escape from a mental asylum or something?"

He didn't want to demean her but subconsciously seeing her utter silence he blurted out his thoughts like a question.

"Will you drop me off at my home, or should I leave?"
His words cut deep, stoking her anger and she was about to get down from the car. Hiya wasn't able to spill the truth nor could take his words feeling defensive for herself. When retreating, Ahil quickly engaged the car's child lock in reflex, while from the other hand, he firmly held her wrist.

"Why the agitation? I'm dropping you no...", he asks, sighing softly and she was left in a blizzard.

Her brain numb and dumb to distinguish he was a genuine good guy after a bunch of encounters with monsters like man. And the biggest example was her own husband. Fear crept over her as she felt uneasy and nervous, unable to walk in a straight path and doubted everything as a trap of dismay and disgrace, avoiding the good.

"Why... Why did you lock the car door?" Hiya's apprehension surged, fearing she might have made a grave mistake accepting a ride from him. As her brain ignores the fact that he saved her and protected her dignity today.

"Didn't I save you from those thugs, risking my life? So, don't I deserve some advantage from you?"