Tavis? I didn't remember giving her my last name.

Her hands strategically moved around the few pieces of paper in my hands and took them into hers. She walked past me to reach the waste basket by the door, her warm scent of vanilla and clean laundry wafting up to my nose. Damn, she smelled amazing.

Clean your room once a while and you could smell like that too, Big One. Chradh replied in my mind.

"I'm Lei Aukai. It's a pleasure to meet you." Straightening her posture, she meets my eyes and smiles gently. The wooden log outpost looks like it's big enough to be her room, but here I look like a dragon in my bedroom. Linking her hands behind her, she walks up to me. "I've heard about the new Basgiath graduate transfers. Welcome. I joined Samara last year."

I nod. She definitely wasn't the handshaking type, noted. "The pleasure is mine," I replied. Her raven black hair tossed as she turned to the windows. My body straightened in response. That smell was intoxicating. I could smell her for hours... days even.

"I wish I could tell you we could take turns sleeping or something, but Samara is the cruelest outpost. It looks like we will both have to be awake for this one." She paused, still keeping her eyes on the mountains on the horizon. "You bonded with a brown scorpiontail, is that correct?"

Chardh's senses heightened and so did mine. She says she was hoping for Riorson, knows my last name, and Chardh's senses. It was truly a shame she was so beautiful, but I knew I could have her on the floor and gasping for air instantly. "How do you know about Chradh?"

"Chradh." My dragon's name even sounded beautiful in her voice. That's a compliment for you, Chradh. Chradh is not pleased.

I slowly reached for my sword strapped to my back and she turned around to face me at the same time, raising her hands to show there was nothing in them. "I'm not your enemy, Tavis." Her round eyes glistened in the dimly lit outpost, but I could still make out her small, but perfectly shaped button nose and full lips. "I promise."

I lowered my hand down and mentally noted the dagger strapped around my waist. I think my size alone would be able to crush her, but you know what they say. Never trust the quiet ones, or in this case small and quiet ones.

"I want to help you and Riorson. I know it's not easy to get around here. It's hard on all the newcomers, but especially harder on..." she paused looking at my rebellion markings. "I can help you navigate Samara. I don't like bullies." Her brows furrowed like she was reminded of something unpleasant.

"We.. I can take care of bullies." I flexed my muscles and tensed my jaw. "Why do you want to help us?" I scan her exposed fair skin for any rebellion relics and I find none.

"Like I said, I don't like bullies. A group of guys are planning to attack you tonight on your way back to your quarters. Let me walk with you."

I opened my mouth and nothing came out as my mind was trying to process what she was saying. What was this girl's deal? She wants to escort me to my room? Has she seen me? "Wait, do you know what I look like?" I asked.

A smile appeared on her face. "Yes, Tavis. I'm staring at you right now."

"Then, how could you say-" Before I could finish my sentence, she quickly reached for her dagger strapped to her thighs in one graceful move. She dashed towards me, moving past my body to jab at the back of my knees with her heel and easily brought me to my knees. As my legs gave out, I managed to reach for my dagger, but when I looked up... her dagger met my line of sight and I was only able to get to her... knees. Fuck. Xaden would be disappointed. But, depending on the angle of entry I was sure that I could make sure she won't be able to walk on two feet anymore.