03: Shh...

"Uh... yeah. I've had it for a while now." I'm keeping this little clairvoyance thing a secret until I figure out why I'm experiencing them. If I bring it up to Mark there's no telling what he'd do to me, especially when he is a vampire.

"That's cool. I've been wanting to get one for a while, but I don't know what to get. A rose really suits you." He began to walk out of my bedroom and closed the door back for me. I never believed in vampires until now. I thought vampires were only in children's stories. Nighttime stories that parents tell the children to keep them well behaved. You would think vampires are only allowed to walk in the moonlight and not the burning rays of the sun, but I guess that was a myth. Now I wonder if this entire school is crawling with vampires just like Mark...

Those girls, they could've been vampires too, right?

Sure, Mark is here protecting me, but how long am I actually going to be safe here with him? What if one day he grows hungry and decides to chow down on me in my sleep? The only way I can be safe is by getting the hell up out of here, after I figure out what my dream self is trying to tell me.

I grabbed my caramel macchiato and took a few sips as I stared at the blank white door of my bedroom. I don't know what to think anymore. I don't know where to start collecting information about my dreams, other than my parents that's living out in the countryside. Maybe my mom has some remedies?

I picked up my phone and headed towards my bathroom, closing the door and turning on the water faucet. I've read that vampires won't be able to hear through water unless they're concentrating insanely hard (got this information from the Vampire Diaries). I don't want Mark overhearing my conversation with my mom. I dialed her number and placed the phone towards my ear as I waited for her to pick up.

"Hello? Y/n honey! What's up?!" I miss her voice... she sounds so happy. I haven't seen her since I moved out a few years ago. During the time I moved out, she also moved to the countryside with my father. Sure she would visit for birthdays and holidays, but I would hardly call that seeing each other like how we used to.

"Hey mom! I just called to ask you for help. But before I do, how have you been? I haven't seen you in so long."

"I've been great honey! Me and your dad started up a garden in the back with a lot of pretty flowers. I might build a greenhouse too! I'm so excited. How's your college life going? Any guy crushes yet??" Don't even get me started...

"No crushes, but a boy... yes. His name is Mark. I'm rooming with him. The college here allows Co-ed dorms. It was pretty confusing at first but we're both at least on the same page. He's... nice I guess." Flashbacks of the door incident flooded my mind as I mentioned Mark. I keep saying he's an ass but he's actually friendly and caring. He didn't have to protect me from those girls, but he did. He didn't have to buy me breakfast, but he did. He didn't have to wake me up early in the morning for school, but he did. It makes me question myself as to what am I doing for him? Nothing. In my dream I asked what made us so close... and he said that I find comfort in his presence, and he feels the same with me. How would he feel safe with someone who doesn't reciprocate the same energy? How would he feel safe if all I've been doing is being an ass about everything?

I heard a slight chuckle on the other side of the phone from her, earning a groan of disapproval from me. I'm sure she's thinking that I like him..."I've never heard you call someone nice before. He must be doing something right. That's for another call though. When you called you sounded like you had a sense of urgency. What's up?"

"I had a dream... but it seemed more like a clairvoyance, or some other reality. The dream felt too real, and I was fully aware in it. What do I do? What's this dream trying to tell me? It's something important... in the dream I touched a rose and when I woke up it's tattooed on my right arm mom."