Chapter 20

NEXT DAY

I sigh as I was wiping the front counter, already tired from being at work for two hours. It was unusually busy today, and I worked alone. Okay, not alone - Jiwoo helped me but there is only as much she can do. And I don't want her to do a lot of work, so I tried to serve everyone while also being at the cash register. There is never so many people here during the week, so usually only one of us works here during the day. I liked that, but only when there is not actually work for two people... Having Elena here right now would be great, for the help at least.

"Y/N?" I heard Reiner's voice, but I picked up the tray to go and take an order for people who just walked in. 

"Y/N..."He repeated when I got back to him. He held his coffee and watched my every move while I was taking out drinks from the fridge and preparing to make another round of hot chocolates.

"Are you just going to work and not tell me what's wrong?" I heard him say behind my back while I was washing some glasses. 

"I'm at work Reiner, so yes, I will work." I said sternly and didn't spare him a look. I heard his sigh and I could imagine him rolling his eyes at me.

"Jeez, feeling smart aren't you?" I glared at him as I set the glasses on the tray and went to serve the guests. I force a smile every time when I speak to anyone, and change back into my normal expression as I walk away. 

"What do you want for Christmas?" His question made me smile a little. 

"You know I don't want gifts." I looked at him and raised my eyebrows. He chuckles and shrugs his shoulders.

"And you know I get you something every year, so might as well pick something you like." I shook my head. 

"Having you here is enough, really." I look at him and he straightened his arm to reach me and mess up my hair. 

"Oh my God, stop!" I move away and hear him laughing. I spray him with some water when Jiwoo walks to us.

"Y/N, break, now." She pointed her fingers at me and I held back my laugh.

"It's okay Jiwoo, really." I look at her as she was putting on her apron and shaking her head in dissatisfaction. 

"Ten minutes. Drink some coffee, yeah? Reiner will help me if it gets too busy." She looks at him and he stops sipping his coffee. 

"Understood." I untie my apron behind my neck and throw it on Reiner, who catches it before it could hit his face.

"I don't remember being on payroll here" He jokes and makes me chuckle as I pour myself water and went to sit on an empty table in the corner next to the window. A small break actually felt good, and seeing Reiner in a pink apron was definitely something I didn't think I would see, ever. Only Jiwoo could make him wear something like that. As soon as my break was over, I got back to work. Reiner stretched out my apron, so I had to tighten it harder to fit me. The rest of the day was pretty busy too, and as soon as it hit 5 PM and my shift was over, Jiwoo told me I was free. I made myself some hot tea and went to sit down in a corner next to the window. Not a lot of people were here anymore and it was already dark outside.

I took out my phone to check for any notification, but there were none. I furrowed my eyebrows, thinking of Jean. He didn't text me this morning as he usually does, so I wrote him a message which he still didn't open. I didn't have any social media, but I considered downloading some just to see if he was posting anything. Okay, maybe let's not turn into a stalker possessive girlfriend, yeah? 

But maybe a little check won't hurt right? I downloaded Instagram after a long time and logged into my old profile. Typing in his name, the account popped out and it looked like his. I look at his last post that was from... this morning...? It was a few pictures, and as I scrolled a video started playing. It was him at a party, dancing with half naked girls that had their hands all over him. He kissed each and every one, and looked proud as ever. My eyes lower down to read the caption he wrote: