Chapter 13

I was going back to my apartment with my newly fixed laptop. It costed a lot, but I was grateful I had my most important device back. At least something is going as planned today. After I left class in the morning, I was in a bad mood until I got a call from the repair service. Not that I feel any better considering my conversation with Mr. Yeager, but I didn't care anymore. If he wants to act like that, fine. 

As I was going up the stairs, my phone rang. I look at the caller and it was Jean. I totally forgot I didn't tell him why I left today. Not that I was going to say the truth, but still, he must be worried. At least someone cares about me.

"Jean, hi" I was holding the phone in between my shoulder and ear as I was unlocking my apartment doors at the same time. His voice sounded worried when he was asking where I was.

"I just felt sick, that's why I left... I didn't want to throw up on you." I chuckle as he sighs on the other side. 

"I'm better now, so don't worry." He was insisting that he could come over if needed, which I thought was sweet. We chatted for a bit more, and then he said he had to go. When I hang up, I sit down on my couch and look at the ceiling. My thoughts trail off to my dear professor, whom I loved so much right now.

"Ugh, so annoying... " I rub my face, trying to think of something else to do, other than what I was doing right now. I wasn't in the mood to do something school related and I knew I had to get out of my apartment or else I would go crazy. So, I stand right back up and make my mind. 

"Cafe." I say to myself. That was like my safe place, I loved to go there even when I didn't work. I liked sipping on tea and getting some work done, even when I had no motivation. Without much thought, I take my laptop bag and stuff my laptop and charger in there, take my purse and put on my coat and finally leave. On the way there, I listened to music and managed to relax.

As I turn the last corner, I was able to see a small building the cafe was in. It looked busy, so that was good. I remember Jiwoo being worried about us getting less costumers, but as of right now the parking lot was almost full. As I get in, a familiar bell rang and I immediately see Jiwoo turn her head in my direction. She had a big smile on her face, which got only wider when she saw me come in. As I was walking towards her, I look to my right and saw Elena talking to a costumer. 

"Wait..." I literally stop in the middle of the room. That costumer's back looked very familiar. By Elena's body language, it was obvious she was shyly flirting. I wanted to run out and get hit by a car. Right now. But Jiwoo appeared in front of me.

"Forest fruit tea and chocolate muffin?" She already knew my order. I smile and nod, trying to be unfazed. Elena and Mr. Yeager were probably a thing now, so it isn't weird he is here. But still.. why does he have to be here at the same time as me? 

I walk to my spot which was thankfully on the other side of the cafe and far enough for them to not see me. But as I made my third step, Elena's voice called my name. Great. Both of them were now looking at me and I hated it. One pair of eyes bothered me more than the other one. I wave at her and she turns around to Mr. Yeager to say something and then walks towards me.

"Y/N, it's so nice to see you!" She was happier than ever and gave me a tight hug. As I was hugging her, my eyes met with Mr. Yeager's. I quickly pull away and look at her.

"I have so much to tell you..." She wiggles her eyebrows and I immediately realized what, or who she wanted to talk about.

"Y/N!" I had to hold back from sighing in relief. Jiwoo called me and saved me from this awkwardness, thankfully.

"See you tomorrow" I smile and quickly walk to the table where Jiwoo was already sitting down, with my order placed in front of her.

"You're welcome." She said, looking at me knowingly. I roll my eyes and sit down. She may be an older lady, but she definitely picks up on body language way too good.