CHAPTER THIRTEEN

7th June, 2025

"Late comer meet me in my office ASAP please" Farooq my lecturer said to me while leaving the class .
"Sir yes sir" I replied while mock saluting him.
"Yo girlies, let me go and hear what this sir has to say, I'll see you all at our spot" I told the girls.
"Yeah sure , see ya!" They replied while walking away.

"Assalamu Alaikum" I said while entering Farooq's office.
"Wa'alaikumussalaam" he replied .
"Have a sit her highness" he said .
"Oh we all know I'll sit even if you don't offer me a sit dude" I replied while flopping down on a couch in his office, ughh the couch is so comfortable I feel like sleeping.
"Hey hey , don't you dare fall asleep here, you do that a lot , I'll soon remove this couch because of you" Farooq said while laughing at me .
"Dude we all know you love me too much to do that , I'm the love of your life , come on" I replied while yawing , damn I'm really sleepy.
"On a serious note I do love you and you are the love of my life , that's what I called you here to tell you but I guess you're ahead of me on that" he said with all seriousness. I became fully awake and looked at him , like seriously looked at him , because he never uses this tone unless it's something pretty serious.
"Uhhh, what are you trying to say Farooq?" I asked looking at him with a bewildered expression.
"What I'm trying to say here is , Aisha Ibraheem Khaleel. I love you, I love you so much , I have always loved you since from our secondary school days" Farooq said while coming to stand right in front of me .
Damn it, well there goes my 4 years worth of friendship, sigh.
Can't men just have a platonic relationship with women???