09

Sayuri couldn't remember how long it had been since she had started fighting Sukuna. All that was in her mind was the fact that Yuuji had been unable to regain control. That was troubling in itself.

Sukuna was really strong but she couldn't let him just pass through her. It was clear that he had also taken interest in Megumi and his Ten Shadows Technique.

There would be hell to pay if she let him go past her.

"Oi, woman!"

-It was like he was utterly mocking her. His voice seemed to ring in her ears. It was almost deafening but she knew that she had to keep her cool.

"Even your cursed techniques are the same. Your fighting styles are slightly different but yeah, almost the same.."

He was trying to get to her. She couldn't afford to let him.

He sent a kick her way but she immediately dodged, making him form a crater on the cement floor. This makes him grin again, turning his head to gaze upon her face. It fascinated him how little the changes in her expressions were, how the glint in her eyes would subtly change, and how her smile hid a lot of her true intentions.

She was a perfect replica of her. It made him laugh yet sickened the more he looked at her. He could almost say that she was her.

Sukuna laughs with a manic grin on his face, glaring at her with his crimson eyes. "You're so interesting..." He was clearly mocking her in every way.

Sayuri merely looks at him back with no fervor. She didn't want to waste energy on him. Especially not now.

Dust and debris came along, covering them. Sukuna merely stood there, anticipating her next move. Seeing as she disappeared from view, he grinned as if exhilarated by her move. He runs his fingers through his(?) hair and his eyes dart all around the place, waiting for the dust to clear.

"Well, are you hiding now? Hmm... How boring. Come out, little fox.."

It was silent for a few moments as the dust continued to ripple all throughout the maze of asphalt.

The way she moves... The way she talks.. Everything....

Sukuna furrowed his eyebrows, his eyes looking over to every single direction.

Tomoe. I've finally found you at last..

He looks behind, sensing a familiar presence. A grin forms on his face as he turned around.
Standing there was Sayuri, looking as unscathed as she was before.

"Amazing..! So remarkable.." His words were filled with intrigue and acknowledgement. However, his words were filled with a darker meaning, taunting the woman even further.

Sayuri's gaze was as emotionless as ever as she gazed upon his crimson red eyes. Sukuna grins once more, amused of her behavior, tucking his hands in his pockets.

"Well, I gotta hand it to you now... You're stronger than you look.."

"But..."

"I have some other things to attend to.."

Sayuri's eyes widened when Sukuna suddenly disappeared, leaving her alone in the never-ending debris. She clenched her hands into fists as she looked down to her disheveled appearance.

Sukuna really is strong...

Wait... Megumi! Nobara! Where are they now?

She suddenly realized something that made a sinking feeling resurface. She didn't like that one bit.

-------

Sayuri found herself rushing outside the building, crashing through the walls that came her way, she needed to reach Megumi before Sukuna did. No— She had to.

Her phone was ringing in her pockets but she didn't bother to receive the call. She was too focused on following through with her main objective. And that was to reach Megumi before Sukuna could.

She ran as fast as she could but when she arrived near the gates, she already spotted Sukuna standing in front of Megumi. Not only that, but he had torn out Yuji's heart, a puddle of blood pouring out of the gaping hole on his chest.

"Megumi!"

The said boy immediately looked towards her, eyes widening. "Minamoto-sensei!" He shouts, attempting to stop her from coming any closer but-

"You've come again, my dear fox.."

Sukuna glaces upon her, a shit-eating grin forming on his face.

Sayuri glares at him, preparing her fingers, ready to fight him to the death if she deemed it necessary to. This amuses him, making him scoff at her, running his fingers through his hair.

"This brat is currently in his off-time now and is struggling to regain control. And to make that doubly sure.." Sukuna says, grinning widely.

But what he did next had them all on edge. He had one of his fingers in his hands.

Both Megumi and Sayuri's eyes widened at this as he swallowed it whole, the cursed energy surrounding them becoming denser in the process.

Sayuri clenches her fists as she looked at him. He had consumed the finger.

Yuji...

Sayuri's eyes widen when Sukuna starts to fight with Megumi and she immediately cuts in, stepping in between the two.

Megumi gets thrown to the sky but Nue quickly caught him with his claws. Sayuri immediately takes this chance to revert Sukuna's attention from him to her, dodging his punches over and over again until she returns with an attack of her own. She jabs him on his abdomen but he immediately catches her, throwing her to the side.

Sayuri doesn't waver and keeps fighting although her head was starting to bleed a bit. He knew that she possessed the Puppeteer technique and knew that no matter what he did, she would always return unscathed. He knew that very well.

Her eyes widened as he grinned at her, realizing something.

"Boo!" He suddenly ripples behind her and sends her flying to the building with a powerful kick.

Sayuri crashes onto the metal foundation, the metal bars piercing through her torso. She tries to move but she was stuck. She pukes out blood but wipes it off as if it were nothing.

"Ah, of course... You also have her cursed technique.. You can't die, can you?" Sukuna says, grinning widely at her.

Sayuri remains unfazed and simply breaks herself off of the bar, her torso bleeding for a few minutes before it started to heal on its own. He grins even wider at this, marveling at the sight.

"Impressive! Impressive!" He mockingly claps at her, taking steps closer to her.

He places a hand on her shoulder and pats it softly, still having that smug grin on his. "But I didn't really come here for you, my dear.." He whispers into her ear and she immediately grabs ahold of his wrist, twisting it.

Sukuna was taken aback by this but only looks at with that same analytic look. So strong...

His grin widens once more as she tries to overpower him. She had a powerful grip..

"You're stronger than you look.." He comments.

He suddenly flickers away from her, making her stagger a bit. She looks forward to see him coming after Megumi again.

She was about to end this once and for all until she notices Megumi's hand sign. He was about to try and summon Mahoraga but just as they were about to clash again, the tattoos start to fade from Yuuji's face, blood coming out of his mouth.

"Fushiguro, Minamoto-sensei.. I hope you live on and enjoy pleasant lives.." He says before collapsing to the ground. "Thanks for everything..."

To be continued..