Flower are our communication.

Max grip his phone, worrying either should he send the message or not.

And after so much calculation, he decide to send it.

Oscar (soon) Verstappen

Can we talk?
In Bahrain, face to face

Max know Oscar probably still in his plane, which is the reason why Max decide to send the message at the time.
So he didn't get the reply instantly as he feared for the answer.

***

As he drag his suitcase to the luggage check, Oscar get a notification from his phone

Jos
→Hey kid, sorry can you tell Max
that I can't find the white almond chocolate he asked for the man?

→And if it's okay with plain milk chocolate!

→Sorry for bothering you, max is not online..

Hey Jos!
I don't think I could tell max,
I'm about to fly soon

Btw, may I ask what man?

→Oh, Max hasn't tell you?
→You guys are hosting an old friend right?

Oh, Max probably hasn't told me
Thank you, Jos!

→Anytime kid!

As he close his phone while waiting for his suitcase, he keep thinking back at the day when they still try to make each other happy. What the fuck is happening between them? It has now been 5 days since they haven't talk to each other.

When he get his suitcase back and was on his way to the plane, he quickly type something in his noteapp

To do list:
-Check the car and performance data
-Health check up in Bahrain
-Buy flower

He then close his phone as the plane was about to take off.

That's it, he think. They really need a time alone.

***

Oscar (soon) Verstappen

→Sure
→What's your hotel name and room number?
→I'll come over.

Its The Ritz Carlton
Room number 381

→Okk

Thank you, Schatje
Read

It's been a long time since Max called Oscar schatje, like the word has become strange to his mouth, as if his mouth never use the word back then.

So he did what everyone would do, panic.

Should he shower again? Or should he buy some gift? Yes! A gift of course!
Flower maybe? Or jewelry? Or a plushie?
Oscar loves plushie, but it's not an available option right now, so Max decided to run to the florist close to his hotel to buy some flower.

***

Oscar just finish unpack his suitcase and even if he still get a bit of jetlag, he decided to take a shower and headed to Max's hotel room. After all, the faster the better.

After he finish cleaning himself, he put a nice black suit and grab the flower he just bought at the way to the hotel, some rainflower perhaps.

As he made his way to Max's hotel, he keep thinking about his decision. Is it the right decision? Is it for the better? Is it, real?

And without realizing, he was already in front of Max door. So he knock three time slowly and quietly.

***

After hearing the knock from outside, he quickly run to the door to open it.

Max was shocked to be greet by Oscar in a black suit with a flower, which he himself also wearing a black suit and carrying a flower for him.

"Um, you can come in.." Max move to the side, giving Oscar some space to come in.

As soon as Oscar step in, he close the door and follow Oscar to the bedroom

"This- for you." He handed Oscar a bouquet full of Astragalus.

"Thank you, Max. And this is for you too" He take the bouquet from Oscar's hand.

A pretty rainflower.

"And also this." Oscar continue, giving him one more item

Their engagement ring.

At the sight of the thing in his hand, Max eyes widen and he quickly looked at Oscar with so much emotion mixed inside him

"Schat-" Before he can say more thing, he was cut off

"We need a break. I- I don't think it's working.., I love you max, I do. I really do.

But your actions lately has been worsened my health and-
I just-

I'm sorry I won't be able to help you but, please clear out your mind before you talk to me again. And if the rings won't come back to me again, then that's okay.
I know you know what's best for us."

Oscar has cried as he said that, and Max? He's too shock by everything to even cry.

And before he could say anything, Oscar had already left.

Max drop the flower to the floor, feeling tears start to drop fastly from his face. He know what's best huh? But what if he don't? What if he made a mistake?

Because Oscar, oh Oscar.
The only thing that max sure in his whole life that wasn't a mistake was, choosing you as his fiance.

***

Fluff chapter are in hold, pls bear with me, me too don't really like their fight :(

Also if you wondering why I choose those specific flower are because:

Astragalus: your presence softens my pain
Rainflower: I love you back, i must atone for my sins, I will never forget you

Also rainflower meaning could also be hope and new beginning so I think it suit Oscar gift for Max

While Astragalus could give us some health benefit so I think it suit Max gift for Oscar ^^