Jumper and Cat(s)

This morning Oscar wake up to the sound of some hissing and furniture either get thrown or is falling.

Only 2 weeks left before the season start again and he's trying to get as much rest as he could before he has to deal with the moody car McLaren have.
Can't anything outside the bedroom respect that?

Just as he was about to go back to sleep, there's another sound of someone wincing and a cats purr.

So, wtf did Max do to the cats this early?

"Maxie? Are you okay?" He shouted from the bed room.

When there's no reply, he (very willingly ofc) get out from the bed with a blanket still all over his shoulder

"Max you-" There it is, Max fucking Verstappen, with a hand full of blood dripping and two cats in a jumper.

"...sorry did I wake you up?"

"No, God did."

"...should I be concerned that God visit us or be happy?"

Oscar Piastri, choose to give up.

"Just- forget it. Wash your hand, I go get the medical kit."

"No! No, you don't have to. I can take care of this myself." Max try to argue, but really, Oscar wasn't a good type to argue with in the morning.

"You wanna bandage yourself with one hand?"

"..yeah, something like that"

Oscar watch over him, as he hurriedly take the medical kit himself and wash his bloody hand in the kitchen

"You know I won't mind to help, right?"

"I know, I'm sorry. Just don't want to bother you" He says calmly,

Oscar know this, Oscar know that his fiance was way too independent for his own good, because of his stupid father.

Sometime Oscar just want to hug him all day and just told him that he can bother Oscar in any way he want and Oscar won't complaint in the slightest bit.

"Well, I want to help. Would you let me?"
Oscar ask as he saw how Max is struggling to bandage himself

"No, really I can do this myself!" He tried to assure

Slowly, Oscar take over the bandage and start patching Max's scar as he look at the old scar

"You can ask help, I won't be mad." Oscar said

"Don't want to be a burden." Max mumble

After finishing the bandage, Oscar place the medical kit to its place again and come back to Max.
Now, they're sitting face to face

Oscar take Max hand and hold it in his thighs as he say "you're not a burden, asking for help doesn't make you a burdens. You are worth helping, Max."

"I'm sorry. My dad always say that.." He trailed off his word, unable to continue

"That a man who ask for a help is not a real man." Oscar finish his fiance sentences with a sigh

"Yeah, sorry."

"Would you stop apologize please? You did nothing wrong." Oscar look at Max in the eye

"Okay, okay I can. Sorr- I mean, um, yeah sure."

"Max, you don't have to apologize for everything. It's okay, you're safe now, you don't have to be perfect. I'm not gonna marry some robots you know?

I'm gonna marry Max Verstappen, the most handsome man. And he is a human, so it's normal for him to ask for help and makes mistake. He's not perfect, and so do I." Oscar caress Max's hand

"...."

Silent finally taking over as Max enjoying the comfort they give each other

"Would you mind telling me what happen?" Oscar ask

Now, to answer Oscar questions, Max just have to hope that Oscar won't leave him or laugh at him (at least it's better than leaving him)

"Um, promise first. You won't be mad or laugh?" He ask nervously

"...okay? Sure, yeah. I promise."

"I- tried to make Sassy and Jimmy to wear the jumper Alex has gifted me but, it seems I have failed and they have burned the jumper into ashes..?"

Did Oscar already said he give up? Maybe at this exact moment, he give up the second time.

"What makes you think that.. to put a jumper on our cats are a good idea?"

"Alex." Max reply fastly, he really wish on God above to save him from a bad mood Oscar.

Hearing that, Oscar sigh. He take the blanket who's been abounded in the floor and go back to the bedroom, then close the door.

This is it, Max lives has been ruined. His fiance gonna leave him and he will be forever lonely, more so he will be dead alone. God, please forgive him if later there's a news of an f1 driver called Alex Albon getting murdered.

But then, Oscar head came out from the door

"You dont want to go to sleep again?"

Oh,
OH!

Thank you God for hearing his prayers, now it's time to get some more sleep (even if he already full awake, at least he can cuddle with his favorite koala)