twenty four. is it over now?

Start from the beginning

She was enraged, mad at Cate, mad that her father was dying, mad that she was hurting people and that the woods was even a place to begin with. There were so many emotions she felt at once, that she wasn't sure if she could handle any of them at all. She felt like she did without the control of her powers, lost, and almost alone, a feeling she knew all too well.

She wanted to throw the whole school under, to destroy everything around her, but then as she searched for more people from the woods to get rid of she saw her brother. And suddenly she didn't feel alone anymore.

He was using his powers to bring a broken helicopter back to the ground safely.

"Andre!" She ran to him, when it was all down in one piece.

Marie was right beside her, crouching down to his level.

"I'm gonna go stop Cate." Marie said to him, noticing the ammount of pain he was in, and how much it had strained him to save everyone from the crash.

"No, I'll talk to her." He wiped the sweat off his forehead, ready to talk to Cate.

"Andre are you an idiot? You're in no position to do that alone." Ari was worried about her brother, it looked as if he was struggling to even keep himself up.

"I mean..." Marie looked at both of the Anderson siblings. " Guardians Of Godolkin. We all need to do this together. Am I right?"

Ari just nodded. She knew none of them would be able to get to her alone.

"Let's go." He turned, and led them to Cate. They were quick, running at a fast pace. Finding her in no time. They saw her leaning on the campus map, her eyes even more bloodshot than the last time Ari saw her.

"Jesus Cate." Marie said when she noticed her eyes.

"How are you pushing so much?" Andre asked.

"Shetty's medication. I thought she was helping me. She was limiting me."

"Cate just stop. They want us to kill you." Ari spoke, though she never even liked the girl in the first place.

"Is that what you're all going to do?"

"No." Both Marie and Ari shook their heads.

"Cate, shit." Maverick, the invisible RA or perv just like his father translucent, came up to Cate, a mistake to say the very least. "I got this call from vought about kill—."

"Stop her." Cate activated her powers by touching him on the arm.

"You've got it." He took off his hat and glasses, opting for fighting naked in order to be fully invisible.

"Oh shit." Mari backed up first, pulling the others with her.

"Okay, bro." Andre started to freak out, how could they fight someone they couldn't see?

"Maverick?" Ari called out.

"We're on the same side Cate." Andre tried to plead, anything to make it stop.

"Do you really want to be like your dad?" Cate asked before she ran away.

"Stop her! I got this." Marie shouted.

Ari wanted to know what Cate had meant by that, but she just decided to help Marie.

Suddenly there was a hard punch to her stomach, it was a complete surprise, almost knocking her to the ground.

Maverick was invisible, and without being able to see him she stood no chance against him, unless she took out all of the ground around her.

He practically took turns to hit both Ari and Marie, landing a few punches on Marie as well.