"How are the kids by the way?" She asked, I saw her on Monday so I explained the situation briefly to her, but of course I haven't spoken to her since then.

"Much better, thank goodness"

"I would've gone crazy" Samantha commented.

"It was awful. Over the weekend, It was one of those times where I just desperately wished I had somebody else there to help me" I sighed and tied my hair back into a ponytail.

"I'm sorry... but Theo's dad helped out, yeah?"

"He watched them the last two days, which was so helpful. I have to find a way to repay him"

"I know a couple ways" She smirked, and my jaw dropped.

"Absolutely not" I laughed, playfully swatting her arm. "That's over and done with"

She gave me a look of disbelief. "Come on, like actually? Never ever again?"

Samantha and I have talked a little about the whole situation, we've been talking a lot at work more recently. She doesn't know everything because some things I preferred to keep to myself, but she knows the jist of the story is Theo's dad left us, and now he's back trying to make it better. I only was able to say anything to her when I pretty much confirmed that she had no idea of my past of dating Harry, otherwise Harry's return would be a dead giveaway. Once I knew she didn't know or didn't care, I told her the filtered version of our life and changed Harry's name.

And since then she's been teasing me about getting back together with my ex.

It didn't bother me too much, since I knew it was just her sarcastic and witty personality, but it was not going to happen.

Harry and I are simply... coparenting? Co existing?

"Never again" I confirmed to her, and she sighed dramatically.

"You're going to come in here one day and tell me you two kissed, just wait"

"Wrong"

"Wanna bet?" She smiled.

"I'm going to win, so sure" I shrugged.

"$50 bucks, I'm broke" Samantha declared, handing out her hand to shake on it.

"Deal" I shook her hand, and we laughed. "Alright, I'll let you go sleep now"

"Yeahhh, your patients probably are wondering where the hell you're at"

"I'll see you next week"

Samantha agreed and headed out to leave, and I headed into the ER. My first patient was a woman who thinks she broke her ankle, and at first glance at it I would say she is probably correct. I did a quick exam on her, ordered her an x ray and assured that someone would be there to transfer her soon.

Simple and easy.

If only the whole day could remain the same.

The next room was a man who had a foreign object stuck...somewhere in his body. Totally the most lovely cases of my career are ones like these. I did a quick ultrasound on his stomach to get images of what we were dealing with here for the doctor to review. 

I was waiting on the doctor to confirm next steps, when my name started frantically being called from someone across the ER. I looked at the doctor and told him I'd be back, and then I ran out the room to go see what was going on.

I should have known a quiet morning would be due to turn into chaos.

I saw the ambulance parking outside the double sliding doors in the carpark.