Dogfight Days of Summer

A nice cooling drink was plucked from the table beside an outdoor pool, Mary put the straw to her lips as she wore a pair of shades, "That's it, I've finished the internet. There's nothing left to see. I'm so bored, this summer isn't crispy at all."

Jim perked up as Mary instantly looked at him, knowing exactly what he was thinking. "You forever live on in our hearts," Mary joked.

"Yeah, haha," Jim said sarcastically.

"I can't believe Crispy is actually staying, you should be proud Jim, you started a whole new trend."

"So thankful."

"There's nothing to do, it almost makes me miss school," Darci spoke, resting beside her and holding Toby's hand who also took advantage of finally relaxing.

"I'm a little upset that during school we were frantic, never resting, busy. Now, that everything i over, it's the calmest summer, the most relaxing thing in the world, all the breaks you want." Claire stated as Aja grew curious but also confused.

"Was it your Trollhunting activities?"

"Yeah, it seemed like every night we were trying to live our normal lives while nearly dying. It was awesome but tiring." Toby added.

"The Trollhunters started everything, but they had zero luck with time," Eli mentioned.

"That's crazy-town talk, Darc," Toby responded. Beside him, Steve was also a part of the group, turning to face them to suggest a new idea.

"We could go see a movie. Ooh, Gun Robot Versus Laser Ninjas." Steve sat up as Luug, disguised as a regular dog hopped onto his lap, begging for attention.

"Okay, I will never, ever be used to him turning to them and asking to hang out, especially Toby."

"Hey!"

"I mean, he was rud–"

"AH!" Steve interrupted, noting Aja's main focus was on the conversations, wanting to learn more and ask more questions. "We don't need to relieve any of that, why continue to talk about the past when we are looking at the future?" He laughed nervously.

"Yeah, I see what you're doing," Mary said. "Aja's mostly going to watch Jim's past too... might as well rip the bandaid off."

"What are we talking about? And why would we rip off strange sticky fabrics?" Aja asked.

"Nothing!"

"Seen it," Darci said. "Needed more ninjas."

"Accept it, Steve. This is the most boring summer on record," Mary mentioned. All Steve did was chuckle, putting Luug on the chair as the view moved from them, toward the sun, only hearing what Mary was enduring. "Steve, put me down!" She let out a scream as water splashed into the air.

"Is it boring now?"

From Arcadia finally being happy and relaxed, the scene changed to Akiridion 5 as numerous guards stomped through, a male voice speaking.

"Armada launching in T-minus one horvath." Krel, Aja, Vex, and Zadra were watching the screen from their ship, looking shocked and worried at the sight.

"You can never have a happy moment without some crazy psychopath ruining it."

"Ay, that does not sound good," Krel stated as Zadra moved closer.

"It appears Morando wasted no time readying his fleet to invade Earth," she responded before a small screen with Izita appeared, standing in front of the resistance.