The Bees - Stripes of Honor

Start from the beginning

Now, he wasn't taking advantage of his position. He made sure to only do so in the more prolonged sessions, where his wings wouldn't support his body much longer.

So he would take a good 10-15 minute break to recharge himself. Afterward, he would feel rejuvenated to continue himself. And with it, he continued till the sun was close to setting, keeping up with his physical health at the same time.

And with a hard day's work behind him, Opal was happy to get some actual levity from the extreme work hours that dictate his everyday life. The only thing that gets him back into the hive was the same method as before.

He approaches once more to the patrol guards, feeling their visceral stares pierce that could harm a bird a mile away. And with what energy he had to use, Opal gave his best smile as he stood before the cross of the entrance.

Without moving their heads, they asked for his card. And just as swiftly, Opal reached for his it near his hip... which... wasn't there...

He quickened his hand movements, trying to get a feel of where it's at... but no matter how long or how frantic he kept moving his hands, the condensed, humid feel of his card wasn't coming up.

One of the guards slowly tilted their heads to see what the hold up was, seeing how fast both Opal's wings and hands were moving around. The other was becoming slightly annoyed at how long this was taking and asked with gruff for their name.

Opal, feeling stressed about what's going on, blatantly blurts his name, hoping for the best outcome. Without hesitation, the book comes out and goes through the pages once again this day.

As he was waiting, Opal peeked inside, seeing if any of his friends were in there near the Entrance Tavern. Course with so many bees bustling and buzzing around, it'd be difficult to discern some from one another immediately.

Though.. one bee peaked through the crowd and almost distracting so. One that had a striking resemblance to Opal... certainly it's one of the many brothers he thought.

He tilted his face a bit closer, and on a second look, Opal's mouth couldn't be seen any more wide.

The guard with the book looks up, saying Opal's name and how the logs mentioned he already was inside. And without hesitation, both took up arms and grasped their weapons tightly.

"Wait... this had to be wrong, I am me. I went and did my duty to bring back the substance for our honey!" he says loudly. The guards, however, were still stone faced and stepped over to keep the entrance blocked.

This didn't feel real...- Wait, if he showed them the nectar, it can prove he should be allowed back in! Opal once again reached his hand now near his stinger and popped it open temporarily.

With little time to spare, he rummaged around to get any of his spoils. He felt everywhere he could; high, low, side to side, diagonally, circular... but there was still.. nothing. There is nothing to show for his efforts at all, as if he never acquired the stuff in the first place.

The guards, with not much choice, put their polearms up and warned what'll happened if he tried anything. How could one seriously prove that they aren't someone else without proper identification?

Opal, detested... defeated, he closed his stinger, put his head down, and slowed his wings. He wanted so desperately to cry out of his many eyes, but he knew it would only make him look desperate.

With so much on the line for his livelihood and for the sake of his friends, Opal couldn't back down at this point... but what was he to do without being allowed into the hive? Can he really think at this moment to say what could clear this up?

Because impersonation... being an imposter... it jeopardizes the integrity of the real living breathing soul attached to the name.

Opal was not about to let this happen without a fight after all he's done. He fired up with the thought crossing his mind. He knew his friends would vouch for him when it came to that point.

Because a worker like Opal can not and will not be or become automated for the sake of his respect and honor to the hive and to everyone else who appreciates what him and others do for each other.

It was here and now that Opal fought for what made him who he was - an honest to the Queen worker with qualities that exceed that of anything, or... anyone processed.

The fight that proved himself was going to be a long one, and it was only just getting started.