𝟎𝟑𝟖 The royal touch

The blood warchapter thirty eight, The royal touch————————————————

The blood war
chapter thirty eight, The royal touch
————————————————

-1924
London, England

Everyone was rotting away in their jail cells and hadn't seen each other in six months, maybe more. The bell goes off and Khloé is abruptly woken by it. Not just by the bell but a strange feeling in her stomach, she couldn't tell if it was just a gut feeling or if it was the baby attempting to kick her again. The boys and girls were in seperate quarters of the prison and there was a wall separating Khloé and Polly. Arthur had been lying asleep in his bed whenever officers and a priest barges in. "Father..." Arthur greeted, "What is it, Sunday?" He groaned, pushing himself up.

The same thing happens to Michael and John and their reactions are completely different. "There's been a mistake" Michael said, trying to convince himself more than the officers at this point, "There's an appeal process underway that doesn't begin till January. I want to see my lawyer, Mr Patrick- Stop!" Michael shouts as his cuffs are tightened. "This shouldn't be happening!" You could hear John's yells from down the hall, not regarding if you were on the men or women floor.

"Is that-" "John, yeah" Khloé said, talking to Polly through the wall before inhaling sharply. "What?" Polly asked. "The baby... it's kicking..." Khloé said, lying. She knew it wasn't a kick but she didn't want to tell Polly that. She runs her hand across her very much visible baby bump, but then a priest comes into Polly's cell. "No." Polly said and Khloé heard it. The priest then comes into Khloé's cell with police behind him. "Fuck" Khloé said.

The boys are walked down the corridor, "Get your fucking hands off me, you bastards" hissed Arthur. John was being dragged down the corridor as he yelled like a lunatic, "I'm John Shelby!" and continues to laugh. Michael walks quietly, a terrified look on his face. He hadn't seen Calvin and Niamh in months, nor Khloé. Michael falls to his knees, trying to catch his breath but is then pulled back up and continued to be walked. The corridor was coming to an end and it had barriers and for the first time in months, the boys saw each other. 

"Michael! Michael!" Arthur shouts. "Arthur!" Michael shouts. "Michael! Arthur!" "John!"  Arthur shouts. "Where's Khloé?" Michael shouts. "Arthur!" John shouts as he's dragged away. When Michael didn't get his answer, he grew equally as anxious as he was before. Khloé and Polly were being walked down the same corridor as each other, Polly in front. Khloé's legs grew weak as her arms interlocked the officers. She let out a groan and fell to her knees. Polly's head twisted back to see her on the floor.

"Khloé?!" She shouts from in front. "I... I think m-my water just broke..." Khloé says, panicked. Polly's eyes widened but she was relieved that Khloé had just avoided death. "Take her to the hospital, please" Polly pleaded. "No, I'm not leaving you in here" Khloé said sternly, she believed it was her fault Polly was in here but Polly dismissed it. "Now, please or she'll loose the baby" Polly said again. "Let her tell me what I'm having." Khloé said, looking up at the officers. The four officers shared a look and they let Polly go over to Khloé. "Polly, I'm so sorry" Khloé said as she struggled to catch her breath, "It's my fault you're in here, it's not fair, you should be at home..." tears filled Khloé's eyes as she repented.