𝟎𝟎𝟎 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

chapter zero | prologue

It had finished, it was over. As the crown was
placed on Paige's head, she knew she'd won.
Not Thomas, Not Millicent, no one. Her.
She made it to the finish Line and had been named, THE BLOOD QUEEN.

She already knew she'd be hated for it but she has Arthur on her side, as her partner as her husband.

As for Milly, things weren't going well. The baby was coming. She was in agony. There was no medicine, no doctors, no one. She had to push through the pain, something she couldn't do. She wanted Tommy, she needed him. The screams
that came from her were scary to hear. It was heart breaking.

"It's okay M'Lady, push." A maid said but it was useless. It was killing Milly. The door burst open and Milly's head shot up to who she thought was Tommy. "What's going on, what happened?" It was James. "James?" Milly panted. "Yeah, it's me" he said, getting on his knees beside her. He kisses her head and ripped his waist coat off. "Mills you're going to have to push" James said. "I can't!" Milly shouted as she cried.

"It's almost over Princess" a maid said. "Princess?" Millicent asked, looking at her. "Yes, Her Majesty, Queen Paige Shelby was crowned the blood queen hours before you went into labour" The maid said. "Fuck" Millicent shouted as she squeezed James's hand. "Just one last big push and then that's it, I promise" James said, holding her. Millicent screamed as she pushed but then she heard cries and she threw her head back onto James's chest.

"You did it" James said proudly. He kissed her head again and she received the baby in her hands "it's a beautiful baby girl" a maid said. Milly smiled as she looked at her. There was a knock at the door and it opened. "Milly-" Arthur said. "It's a girl" Millicent said looking at him with a smile. "Paige is requesting to see you" Arthur said.

"James help me up" Millicent said, holding out her hand. "Milly you have to rest" James said. "James, I won't ask again" Milly said. James done what he was told and pulled Milly carefully up off the ground. She inhaled sharply but walked over to Arthur. "Congratulations by the way" Arthur said. "Thank you" Millicent said, "help me dress." A maid took the baby from Milly and cut the cord. "Ah" Milly said. "The afterbirth, it's coming" a maid said. Milly grunts and pushed and got it all out. "Now shall we?" She asked. James and Arthur look at each other in shock. Arthur and James escorted her up the stairs and she stopped, she was im pain but she couldn't show it. "Thats it, we're turning back. She can come to us" James said. "Not unless you both wish to carry me down these fucking stairs" Milly said. "This is bullshit" James said. Milly and the boys carried on with their task as she got many congratulations on the child's birth.

"They're born, Mill you should be resting" Paige said in shock. "I have no doubt you'd prefere that your grace. It's girl, she was born about fifteen minutes ago" Millicent said. "Nathalia, fetch a pillow for the princess" Paige said turning her head to the side but not facing Nathalia. "Yes Your Majesty" Nathalia said, heading out of the room. "Mills, you look exhausted, please sit down" Paige said, taking Millicent's arm. "Really i'm fine" Millicent said, "I just. I just want to know where Tommy is" Millicent said. He missed the birth of their child, the least someone could do is give her an explanation .