Chapter 4

Laughter came from Sadie and Elisa, the two getting prepared for the prince's banquet. The past few days she's been here had been a complete blast. Winter visited twice a day, which angered her brother, and always brought gifts with him. Yesterday he had given her some popular baked goods. Spending time with her brother was always a blast. The two always went to explore the town, and visit any new shops that were around. Her parents got her tutors so she could relearn everything when no sign of her memories returned showed themselves. Now the prince's banquet was here and she was gonna participate with her big brother. Romania beamed, flapping his wings. "You look awesome!"Romania smiled lifting his paws into the air. "Thank you, Roma"Sadie beamed petting the winged cat glad to have his word about her outfit. She turned around in her dress. Romania and Elisa praising her and how pretty she was. She giggled, feeling flustered at their overwhelming praises.

Sora fixed his cuffs, then perked up. Sadie beamed as she walked over, wearing a white dress with a carnation pink tip, carnation pink mini bows decorated just above it, the same color bow tied around her waist adorned with a blue sapphire in the middle. There were pearls on the ribbons of the bow, her hair up in a ponytail with curls along with a headband that had bows on both ends both decorated with pearls. Around her shoulders was a white caplet with carnation pink freckle spots decorating it, pink and white pearls draped around her neck, and lastly the pearl earrings in her ears. "Wow sis, looks like I'm gonna have to bring my sword and slice off the head of any guy who looks at you"Sora grinned. "PLEASE DON'T!"Sadie cried startled. Footsteps made the two perk up, Winter walking over. His eyes widened slightly, staring down at her. "Hi Winter!"Sadie beamed her eyes lighting up. Sora pouted when she walked over to to the man, letting out a huff. "May I take her with me?"Winter asks looking at her brother.

"What!? I wanted to take her! Why do you get to take my sister!?"Sora retorts looking offended. "I'm a secretive person, but I would like to show off Sadie"Winter explains Sadie looking between the two, now wondering how they met in the first place. Sora grumbled, looking close to wringing the mans neck. "Listen! I don't know why you want to marry my little sister!! But I will not have her tossed to the dogs that are your fans and have her chewed up and mauled by them!"Sora snaps scowling. Winter fell silent, his eyes casted downwards towards the ground. "I can go with Winter"Sadie smiled looking at her brother then up at Winter. Both looked at her in surprise, then Winter smiled holding his hand out. "You two..."Sora grumbled Sadie giggling at the jealous tone he had. She took Winter's hand, walking away beside him to the awaiting carriage, Sora walking after them to step into the carriage behind theirs. His hands went to her waist, lifting her up into the carriage.

She looked back in surprise, finding Winter smiling at her. She looked away from him flustered by the action and sat down, watching as he sat across from her. "I brought something"Winter informs his hand slipping into his pocket. He pulled out a white flower with ribbons, her eyes widening at how pretty it looked. "Here." Leaning forward, he held it out to her, her eyes on it. "I shouldn't it looks like you paid a lot..."Sadie mutters causing him to perk up. She took the flower and carefully swapped seats, attaching it to his suit. He stared down at her surprised, watching her fiddle with his coat. "Oh..it's a little hard..."Sadie mutters looking worried that she'd ruin his outfit. She started to pull her hands away, but his hands grabbed hers, helping her finish attaching the flower to his suit. "Like that"Winter mutters moving his hands away. She stared then smiled as she finished. "Thank you!"Sadie smiled also grateful that she didn't ruin his outfit. The carriage came to a stop, Sadie smiling as she got up.

She gasped, the carriage lurching slightly. Hands steadied her, Winter frowning. "Careful, you almost fell"Winter reminds keeping his hands on her shoulders. Only a giggle came from her, feeling like a child being reminded by their parent to not stand up until you know the ride has stopped. He stepped down, Sadie coming up behind the man. His hands grabbed her waist and lifted her down. "Hand"Winter smiled holding his hand out. She took his hand smiling, walking beside him. She glanced up at him, feeling a bit flustered For the time she's known Winter, he had been overly kind to her and caring, always managing to lift her spirits when she's down. He must've trusted her because he brought her to meet a few kids wearing masks once. They were absolutely adorable and she enjoyed being around them whenever Winter allowed her to. It actually surprised her at first but she came to trust him as well. He never failed to visit her as well whenever she sent him letters about her feeling bored.

"The Marquis of the Verdandi Household, Winter Verdandi, and Lady Sadie Rosemerte have arrived!" Sadie's eyes widened, staring forward. "The Heir of the Rosemerte House, Sora Rosemerte have arrived!" She looked back and beamed at her brother, feeling the eyes of other women on her, near able to burn holes into her skull if they could. "You can go over and talk to others if you wish"Winter offers getting her attention. "Thank you, I will"Sadie nods Sora letting out a huff. She walked away then perked up, looking back. "The Heir of the Eckhart Ducal House, Derrick Eckhart, and Lady Penelope Eckhart have arrived!" Her eyes widened in shock, a tingling feeling flowing through her. This was the other person who came here with her. She watched for a moment, then hurried towards Penelope when she got the chance. "P-Penelope"Sadie says staring at her. "Do I know you?"Penelope asks coldly. Sadie leaned in close, looking up at her. "I was reborn here too..I know you're not from this world"Sadie informs.

Shock appeared across Penelope's face before she grabbed Sadie's wrist, pulling her to a more secluded area. "How did you end up here?!"Penelope demands keeping her voice down, people keeping their distance from them. "I got into a car crash and landed here...I'm from the Rosemerte family, my name is Sadie"Sadie responds quietly. Penelope fell silent, looking as if she was going into deep thought about what was going on. Sadie stared, hoping they could stick together from now on. "Can I trust you, Sadie...we may both be forced into this but I need to know if I can trust you..."Penelope sighs narrowing her eyes. "You can trust me, I swear on my life.."Sadie swore a serious expression now on her face. The woman in front of her stared in shock at how serious she looked then sighed. "I see..then tell me more about yourself"Penelope says giving her a small smile. "Well...my brother is that guy over there being crowded by noble ladies"Sadie says pointing to her brother.

Penelope looked over at the male trying to escape the crowd of woman surrounding him, her arms resting at her sides. "Who is he?"Penelope asks looking back at her. "His name is Sora, the future head of my household..."Sadie adds looking up at Penelope. She didn't know where she was nor who was inside Penelope's body but she was hoping this person knew about where she was and why she was sent here. "I'm also engaged to Winter Verdandi." Penelope's eyes widened in shock and disbelief, looking alarmed. "Engaged, he wasn't engaged in the original game"Penelope mutters. "Game? We're in a game"Sadie mutters startled. "I'll explain more to you later, but-"Penelope starts. Sadie watched her stop and go into deep thought again, wondering what she was thinking about. "Actually...this could have been in the game, but wasn't mentioned"Penelope mutters thoughtfully. "Sadie, listen yo-"Penelope begins once again. "Her majesty The Queen and his royal highness, the Second Prince, have arrived!"