13 • Running into school queen

Začať od začiatku

"O-Oh, don't be!" I assured. "It's not your fault your fans are psycho." I muttered the last part.

"What was that?" She asked.

"N-Nothing."

.....

There was a bit of an awkward silence. What made it even worse was that the other students were staring.

"Could I treat you to something?" She suddenly asked, her cheeks a bit red. "As an apology!" She soon clarified.

"There's no need to go that far." I stated.

"But I really do feel horrible for what happened." She said with teary eyes. "Please?"

The sight had me choking on my words.

"We'll pass." Nico suddenly answered, wrapping his arm around my shoulder and pulling me along with him.

"W-Wait!" She called out.

Nico, however, didn't stop. He actually picked up his pace.

Thanks to him being him, he should be safe from any backlash from her fan base. He's basically seen as the king of school.

We arrived at our first period class and sat down in our seats.

We sat in silence and I started to wonder why Nico wanted to leave so badly.

Did he not like Avery because she was as popular as him? But that doesn't seem like him. I guess they might know each other, with them both being the most popular in school. Maybe some bad history? Unless... maybe he likes her, and was jealous that she invited me out somewhere? But that doesn't make sense either. Nico hasn't hurt me at all yet. Amber would usually take me somewhere private by now.

Should I apologize? Just so he knows it wasn't intentional? But he helped me out with that one guy, so maybe he already knows. Besides, it's obvious no one is interested in me.

"....I didn't think you could get mad." Nico suddenly spoke.

"Huh?"

"Back there, you were glaring at that guy."

"Oh... that.... I just didn't like what he said about my friend."

"You really consider her a friend?"

I looked at him confused.

"Of course I do. She was the only person I could even call a friend."

Though she would get mad if I ever said that to her face.

"That so...." Nico didn't say anything else and looked out the window.

Nico has been acting... weird, for a while now. He still seems to be annoyed, but not as much as before. Like this isn't some sort of chore anymore.

It's... nice. Nice to have someone else besides Amber to talk to. Maybe we could be friends? Could we do all those gaming stuff and anime talk?! Amber never enjoyed either of those kind of things, but maybe Nico is different. He reads novels, so it's possible. And if he hates the supernatural, then maybe a zombie game? I could-

"Good morning class!" The teacher announced, walking into class. "Today, we will be introducing..." He sighed. "Yet another transfer student."

A transfer?

"Hey there guys! My sister and I are going to be a part of the school now. My name is Adrien Steelwood. I hope you treat me well." A boy with dark skin and hair greeted. His nose twitched and he stared in my direction. My eyes and his amber eyes connected. "I look forward to getting to know you all."

"Shit." I could hear Nico mutter from behind me.

That's not a good response! Who is this guy?!
___________________________________________

Avery Nightfield:

Adrien Steelwood:

Adrien Steelwood: