6 • Backup is coming

《Y/n L/n pov》

My eyes flutter open to see an unfamiliar room.

What? Where am I?

I sit up from the bed and look around the room and see a multitude of weapons hanging on the walls. They range from normal knifes, to swords, spears and even a flail.

Whoever this room belongs to has some problems.

Getting off the bed, I take a look around. There's a book shelf completely filled out. Some of the names of the books are a bit weird though.

"'100 ways to kill a vampire'? 'History of dragons'? What the... 'How to exercise a demon'?" I read aloud the titles curiously.

Looking next to the book shelf, I see a desk with picture frames on it. I pick one up, seeing a younger looking Nico and a girl with long white hair and blue eyes looking to be around his age.

Hm?

A certain picture catches my eye. It's of Nico, the girl from the last picture, and a boy with black hair.

KNOCK! KNOCK!

Huh?

Turning around I see Nico standing in the doorway with a frown.

"Done snooping around?" He asked with a raised brow.

"O-Oh... sorry... I didn't know this was your room until I saw...." I trailed off, looking back at the pictures.

"I don't care. Just get out here already." He grumbled while walking away. I followed soon after.

"So, uh, what happened?" I asked, walking behind him.

"You passed out after saying something quite stress inducing. So I had to carry you and the vamps here and make a few calls."

Right, I remember that. And... that weird dream?

"I see you're finally involved with the supernatural world again. So I won't be invading your dreams anymore."

A memory of what the voice said flashed in my head.

What did it mean by invading my dreams? And it won't anymore? The only dreams I've been having the past couple of days is that nightmare.... Unless it's that shadow thing?!

Wait, but that would make it a demon. Nico said it wouldn't be able to invade my dreams if I had the necklace he gave me.

I feel for the necklace, finding it still on my neck.

....Nico did also say it'd only work on low-class demons. Then, that means it was a higher class demon? But why target me? I thought they preferred planned destruction over random chaos.

"Earth to Y/n!" Nico called, clapping his hands in front of me.

"W-What?"

"I've been asking you a question. How do you know for sure the contractor of Wrath is coming here?"

"Oh, I... I was warned about it through a dream." I hesitantly admitted.

"A dream?"

"Yeah. I think it was the dream demon that's been bothering me."

"What? But you still have the- no, nevermind. If it's still hanging around you then it's at least a mid-class demon. I'd be surprised, if there wasn't just something about you that interests the supernatural." He sighed.

Looking at him, I notice him glance at me with suspicion.

"What... do you know about Mistilteinn?" He suddenly asked.