13.Blood and Sacrifices

13

The light breeze blew back my hair. The neon boards of shop names and places blazed past my eyes as the car moved forward.

A journey to Luca Corps. A job i so awaited for. Just not the way I wanted it to be. But hey, I saw the daylight again after a few weeks in prison. But will be dragged back to that luxury cell made just for me.

You like him. Then why hate the idea of being with him?

Because I don't want to like him. He's my enemy. And it should be the way it is. It's better like that. Me and him. Far away as we could be pulled away to. But he attracts me like gravity. The bad kind.

I lowered my head. Stray strands of hair falling on to my face. My peripheral vision slowly drifted to him. To take in his god like features. To remember it through every details the day I betray him. The day I escape and take revenge.

I shall remember it. Every part of him. The way it was and the way it will look like when I do the necessary.

The speed of the car started rising as did the rhythm of my heart. It was loud and clear. I could feel it in my throat. Blood rushed on my vessels as my nails dug deeper into the creamy leather.

My gaze fell into the rear-view mirror.

Cars. A lot of them.

Chasing us.

Not soon, gunshots started ringing through the highway. Metal hitting metal. The voice echoed in my head as reality sank in deep.

We're being chased.

The tires of the vehicle screeched as Stephan took a sharp turn. I was conjoined with the door. My eyes closed involuntarily. My voice spammed holy verses.

My head snapped to Stephan. His forehead was creased with tension. The lines on his face more sharper than ever.

Focus. Concentration. A spirit to survive.

His eyes shone with unheard fear. Fear of death.

The road was one way. And that's when the least expected happened.

A car.

In front of us.

Ahead.

No turning back. Thick canopies covered our sides. Providing no way out.

Everything stopped. My vision blurred.

Is this it? The end?

A bullet crashed straight through the glass and into Stephan's chest. The white material marred with blood. It pierced. Followed by more as I watched.

He managed to choke out through all this mess.

"Run, Ella"

"Run"

"Stay safe, mio fenice. I'll come get you."

*A/N*

TasnimGhummeid kshusan thank you very much for voting! It's the ones those who are there from the beginning that are never forgotten.