"Well, I appreciate it, you're sweet." You grin at him and head over to your office.

River smiles brightly with a faint pink in his cheeks. He seems really delighted he managed to make you happy somehow.

You go over to your office and check patient paperwork. As soon as you close the door behind you you feel the feeling of dread sit in your stomach.

You take a sip from the coffee and look through your patient files. You grumble, everything's been so hectic you haven't even gotten the uniform to sneak into the conformatorium to find Steve yet. You need to figure that out.

Maybe you'll do that after your shift today.

An idea goes through your head and your eyes widen slightly.

Maybe you could ask Hunter about Steve. Maybe he knows, he lives here.

...

But then again you're pretty sure the golden guard doesn't really pay any attention to whatever prisoners they keep in the conformatorium. He probably wouldn't know anything.

You shake that thought off your head.

1 hour later.

"Seriously?" You hear from the front desk.

You block it out of your hearing and just focus on correcting some patient paperwork.

"Mm.. no.." you mumble and take a sip from your coffee.

"No you're not..!" You hear again.

You furrow your eyebrows and you stand up and look out your door window.

Your heart stops for a moment and you quickly pull away from the window and you start getting nervous

He's here.

"I'm telling youuu my arm just hurts sooooo baddd." Hunter complains.

"You're fine. You're being a nuisance." River glares at him.

"Just let me see her." He glares under his mask.

"She doesn't want to see you." River folds his arms.

"Oh yes she does, she told me she wanted to see me sooooo sooooo badly the other day." He smirks.

River makes a disgusted look on his face and he starts getting ticked off.

"Excuse my language.. b-but you are spewing complete shit out of you mouth...!" River stutters.

"OOOOH you sworeeee...! I'm soooo scareeedddd...!" Hunter laughs.

"Shut up! Will you?" Rivers face flushes in anger.

"Oh yeah? or what?" Hunter scoffs.

"HEY!!" You yell.