Chapter 4

Earth-4076361

Boris was half-listening to "only Abe"'s talk about how his family who seemed to hate each other was suddenly getting along much better, although Boris could guess that it was now because everyone was so scared of him running away again that they were biting their necks. tongue almost bleeding when they gathered together so as not to disturb him.

It was obvious that it wouldn't last, they would soon argue again, people don't change... ever.

But he decided not to break Abe's illusion that suddenly his family received a Thanksgiving miracle, the world would take care of that on its own.

And once he finished "only Abe" with his talk he asked - what about you? What are you doing in the Big Apple? - Boris taking another bite of the "shwaco" responded - I came to look for someone - with his mouth somewhat full.

Abe asked -hooo... is there any family member you can stay with? - Boris couldn't help but almost choke on his food because of the laugh that came out of his throat, and he responded after composing himself -hahaha, you watch a lot of Disney movies "just Abe" hahaha- while he was ruffling the other's hair, just to annoy him.

After calming down he responded -no, I'm looking for a friend... Theo, he said that if he ever came to Brighton Beach with the other Russians, but he didn't give me any further instructions- shrugging his shoulders, because he didn't care whether he was there in NY or In Las Vegas.

Abe quickly pulled out his cell phone and asked - do you have his Facebook or Tumblr? I could len... - but Boris shook his head and clarified - he didn't use nets, nor did I.

The shorter boy, visibly disappointed, asked - Didn't he give you a number to contact him or... - to which Boris happily responded - Нет... whatever has to happen, will happen - leaning back in the seat.

Abe then asked - and where do you live then? - to which Boris calmly responded by extending his hands, pointing to the bench.

The brown-haired boy asked horrified - do you live in the park? - to which Boris clarified - until the bread and sugar is gone, then... I'll see - downplaying the matter.

Abe asked - can't you ask the government for help... or maybe your embassy? - to which Boris laughed loudly and asked - which one?... I was born in Australia, my dad is Ukrainian, my mom was Polish, I lived most of my life in Russia-

The other boy's puppy dog eyes almost made him shut up, but he better understand it once and for all, and he continued - I don't like any of those options and besides they would probably just deport me for their stupid war... Нет... I prefer the park... Dziękuję bardzo-

Then he looked at something unexpected, on the pretty face of "only Abe" there was a look of determination that was difficult for Boris to identify.

Suddenly the boy with pretty mahogany hair took him by the arm and said, -Come with me- Boris, somewhat confused, let himself be dragged by the younger boy to a table in the park where a dark-skinned man and a blonde woman were sitting. They were the same ones from that night. in the park.

Abe stands in front of them and says -Mom, Dad... meet my friend Boris, he is an illegal immigrant, a minor, he was abandoned by his father, he lives in the park and he is afraid of being deported-

Boris looked at Abe with an expression of absolute betrayal and tried to break away from the hold and run away, but Abe held him tighter and continued speaking -Boris... they are my parents, Amir and Rebecca...-

Abe stops another escape Boris attack and ends -...international relations lawyers-

Boris gives him a surprised look and "just Abe" responds with a friendly smile, but with a touch of snideness.

Amir and Rebecca look at each other and then she asks kindly - would you like to sit down Boris? - he, a little self-consciously, agrees and sits at the table.

WELL, a little short I know, but I'm a little tormented because the last chapter of my main fic was definitely lost and I'll have to rewrite it... and I'm terribly lazy, IT WAS 14 PAGES, but I can't stop now, wish me luck... criticism and comments are accepted