𝟏𝟔 | 𝐀 𝐖𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐋𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

Start from the beginning

"But what does that matter?" She muses bitterly. "I can always put myself back together. I'm a demon. What about you mortals?" with a condescending tone, as her fangs gleam with a sinister red grin.

"We'll just have to slice you up faster than you can regenerate," my lips curl into a cold steel smile, before taking my chance. Using my first, second, third, fourth, fifth form repeatedly, i repeatedly fought against the bitch over and over, using every technique that would grant me the upper hand. My knuckles turn white with how hard i fought, my lungs burning coldly from the many breathing attacks I've launched. However she kept on deflecting my attacks, one after the other without much effort than a sharp elegant finger.

"Masachika!" my eyes whipped towards him, gesturing my gaze towards the remaining children that laid awake painfully. For a moment Masachika was confused before understanding my intention, before I resume back to Ubume. With Masachika grabbing the children instantly away from the battle, I manage to deflect an attack from her. My attacks were becoming weaker the further I kept trying, but my guard was high. For a moment I take a leap back to gain some little strength, when my eyes subtly widen in response to Masachika's whole demeanour.

He was enraged, face lit ablaze with a glowing crimson.

This was unlike the Masachika I knew, the one who was always cheerful, flirtatious with the girls, simple as a summer breeze. Feeling the heat of his fury was enough to know he wasn't joking, and I couldn't blame him. Something must've triggered him earlier, to make him this way in a matter of minutes. Though it wasn't a blinded fury, his mind wasn't foggy or clouded. Though, my concern grew for him, seeing him using all the anger within his swings.

If anything, his attacks grew sharper than ever. 

Gradually as he joined in the battle with me, he picked up on my subtle movements anticipating my next attack, before responding in kind. We were both finally in sync with our movements, with our swings and breathing were in par, steady like the implacable wind.

'I guess......even at our worst, we're still brothers.....' A smile curls upon my lips at the slightest, feeling warmth in the depths of my heart.

"Sanemi!!!!!!" Masachika cries out. "The head! Drive at her head!!!"

"I'll take it clean off her shoulders," I strongly promise. "Monster!!!!"

"Gracious!" the demon struggles for a moment dodging our coordinated attack, causing her to growl with a grimace rumbling in her voice. "You really are stubborn children." before suddenly her leg shot, causing me to leap back.

Trying to avade her sudden attack, blood spray feeling her sharp nails on her feet grazes across my throat where my adams apple is. Fuck! Flinching for a moment, the next blow felt all too sudden when my body felt flying as the wind knocked out of my lungs. Slamming hard into the floor floor with a tumble, I gasp out desperately for air.

"SanemI!!!!!" Masachika cries out, before seeing him lashing towards Ubume with his sword. My hand grips my throat as my vision grows white for a moment, white blotches covering my sight for only a moment. "Wind breathing: Third form! Clear Storm Wind tree!!!!"

She wasn't able to escape his brutal attack, taking the hit at full force before taking her chance to kick out at Masachika's head. 

Everything was a blur while I'm gripping my throat, the air slowly and gradually returning to me. Though Masachika dodged the attack in time, the skin on his temple split and drips blood. Staggering he felt concussed by the looks, as my worry seeps through the dry gasps of air. The demon made her move stabbing a hand at his exposed torso, but his fast reflexes kicks in, avoiding her direct strike. However her claws managed to graze his side, and dug into his flesh.