3

emmett's pov
i'm not an empath like jasper...but i can feel what she's feeling. she's jealous of this girl. whatever her name is. i've moved from her touches multiple times now and i've been blatantly ignoring her as she yaps on and on. just wanting to reassure Salem. my other half. the bell rings and the girl beside me tries to hand me her number but i let out a "not interested" and head to Salems side and take her books for her. we spend our classes together getting to know one another more and we exchange numbers too. we walk in the cafeteria together and i say "come sit with me and my family" sending her a reassuring smile. rosalie's gonna have my fuckin head but i don't give a shit. she's made for me. she shakes her head "i couldn't impose" "you're not imposing. you're invited Salem. you don't have to if you don't want to" i assure her. getting the feeling that this is the most interaction she's had since she's moved here. she nods "okay"

her anxiety down. i nod taking her warm hand in mind going and getting a tray of food and paying for hers as well "you didn't need to" she says and i shake my head "you don't have to pay for a thing where you're with me salem" handing her her food. we walk over and rosalie immediately glares and i glare back. "guys this is salem. salem this is my family. edward, jasper, jax, alice and rosalie" she smiles at them "hi" and we sit and have a decent lunch period. only problem is rosalie. salem looks at me in question and i mutter "don't worry about her she's not good around new people" understatement but i can't tell her why yet. she nods and i watch with a smile as she fits in with us perfectly.