𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 O1 I a new home?

Start from the beginning

"That's roughly 6.08 hours," She stated making me groan as I cursed under my breath,

"In a year! A year that's basically 6.08 in-" Moving my phone away from my ears I quickly googled "- eight thousand, seven hundred and sixty hours, for fuck's sake!"

I could practically hear her roll her eyes at me "There's no way you calculated that your little brain would suffer from brain damage if it could take that much math-"

"Don't! Don't change the subject!"

"Well, what do you want me to do? Tell you how you can't always stay in a long-distance marriage? Like girl, you really don't want no action in your life or what!?"

I groaned, hand running through my hair,

"It's not about se-"

"Khwahish?"

Whipping my phone off my ears, I quickly turned on my heel, my neck snapping in the direction of the voice as an excessively loud,

"Jee!" (Yes!) escaped my mouth.

I swear, theater was not the influence my already loud vocals needed. 

For a moment I didn't miss the taken aback expression that plastered upon his face. His face, god his face. 

As much as I hated to say it, I think I missed the peculiar allure in the blankness that often cloaked his face mixed with the sharpness that always graced his gaze

I heard him clear his throat. His perfect light brown eyes widening and the muscles on his jaw popped out a bit.

"Sorry um, I knocked bu-"

"Oh! You shouldn't!" I quickly shook my head, "I-I mean it's your room, after all," A small awkward chuckle escaped my lips.

This is so not helping,

He didn't say anything, instead, his eyes just kept staring into mine, as he simply looked down at the ground before looking back at me, with the straightest of faces possible. 

"It's yours, as much as it's mine." 

For a moment I could almost hear my heart beat right beside my ears as I passed him the slightest of smiles I could muster with trembling consciousness. 

His eyes roamed around for a moment, legs slightly crossing one in front of the other, as one of his hands rested on the doorknob of the door he held so widely open, while the other, was inside the pocket of his grey sweatpants. 

And my eyes?

Well, they just followed his actions, trying their best to not notice the way the muscles on his arms flexed while he did whatever he was doing.

Stop being a creep, Wish!  I mentally reminded myself, looking away.

"Settled?" Oh how, I'm so used to his one-word questions.

"Yeah," I smiled "All done," I replied looking towards the walk-in closet,

"Not to sound snobbish, but I had always wanted a walk-in closet you know," I chuckle shaking my head,

What? I'm just being honest! And I had already vomited about something absolutely unnecessary before my brain could stop my mouth from doing that!

"I know," 

His voice brought me back and this time I couldn't help but pass him the most genuine smile I could muster. 

I was proud of him. 

Two years back, when he wanted to quit his job and get full-time into his own start-up (which I didn't have any idea about), I didn't for once feel as though it wasn't something I shouldn't be supportive of. Back when all of his family, my family were busy passing their own judgments on how one shouldn't be throwing away their stability, this man right here had taken it all on himself, not to prove them wrong, but to prove himself right.