"Numerous men have entered the palace from the walls and have been spotted it seems they are going to the Emperor's palace where currently the entire royal family, except you , is residing ." Felix breathed out all in one breath , Aina nodded as she walked towards him to prepare .

"I apologise , but I'll have to cut our meeting short , Duke." Aina apologised as she left after Felix in a frenzy , to try and find a solution .
Ezekiel was about to go after her , but decided against it . He swelled in pride , when he heard the princess call him duke , he now knew that the princess supported him, and having a royals support in such a trivial matter was a great deal .

Aina walked fast alongside Felix asking questions about the intruders , at that moment she cursed the historical pathways , being irritated at how long it took her to reach from one palace to another .
"Felix , make sure all the servants leave the Emperor's palace , I'll go ahead ." Aina said before muttering a spell that made a sword appear in her hand .

"Your highness, I can't possibly leave you alone-!" Felix started only to be cut off .

"That was an order . I'll handle myself you go and protect the others ." Aina ordered , her voice harsh and cold as she gripped the sword's handle tightly . She didn't lie when she said she would handle herself  she was skilled enough in magic to easily become a high grade mage , and had years of swordsmanship under her wing .

Felix nodded in response rushing off to the back entrance of the main palace towards the servants quarters . Aina met with two royal guards along the way , directing them to go to the east wing of the palace where Anastacius was kept .

She hurried , thankful that she had opted to wear pants under her dress and could easily move , without much restraint in movement . Just as she neared the west wing's entrance , she was ambushed by about 20 something men . She froze in her place , noticing their appearance , they were covered head to toe in black covers and had no sigil ,  making them remain unidentified.

———

     Quiet Embraced the Study-the view outside the wizard's study dull due to the greyish colour that had cloaked itself over the surroundings . Clouds that seemed to have travelled all the way from the east , hadn't yet dissipated from the skies yet .

The rain will be good this year , Lucas mused to himself , far-away gaze replaying the events that took place before .

The mage tower was quiet and still , his study was no different , but in looks it was in stark contrast . Papers , quills , bottles , scrolls and what not filled the place and made it a mess , some laid strewn on the floor some laid around messily on the desks , and in the shelves .

He sat on the window sill , mindlessly gazing outside , he had scrolls in his lap however his thoughts contained something else .

Thoughts of her consumed him wholly , and he never wanted to escape , he was fine with drowning if it was in her .

You mustn't grow too close to her , he reprimanded himself , not wanting to become like his master who left him for a mere woman . He wasn't able to understand his master's actions at the time , but now he understood how much of an addictive drug was love .

Her blood red hair , which many ostracised for it being uncommon , but he found it rather beautiful , it was similar to a phoenix's coat . She was similar to a phoenix in other aspects , just as how a phoenix rebirths again from its ashes , she grows from her mistakes and doesn't allow herself to be defeated .

Kissing her was a mistake he was ready to make a thousand times , now that he had kissed her he couldn't forget the feeling of her lips against his , and it drove him crazy , that he wasn't able to experience it again .

He at one time had wondered what he was even doing with a woman like her , he believed that he was wasting time , but now he had an answer he liked spending time with her . Her presence itself was enough , she was a drug no less . Her voice , her mannerisms, her presence , everything was soothing to him . Her azure eyes , the way they gazed at him , he was ready to get lost in them forever .

Her smell was quaint , yet it still lingered everywhere , and he couldn't get enough of it . Everything about her drove him madder than madness itself , he wanted to cling to her , he wanted to protect her , he wanted to talk with her . He wanted to do every silly little thing , that he once believed was useless , with her .

Simply put he was screwed , he had fallen into a pit he could never climb out of , and most of all he had no intention of doing so .

———————

I tried my best to portray the characters feelings in this chapter .
I hope you all enjoy it .

Also if anyone thinks that Aina is too flawed or she isn't perfect enough to be the main lead , you can drop this story .
I've had quite a few people tell me this , so this is a message for them .

Aina is meant to be a flawed character , because every real person isn't like Athanasia, people are selfish , and greedy .
And I say that as one of them , we humans want more and more , and Aina is like that . But she improves and works on herself , she isn't born perfect and no one is .

She is meant to be flawed , because flaws are what make a person unique .

So , sincerely if you have a problem with Aina's character please leave the story instead of leaving hate comments .