<1.2> Lunch Love

Jake and Pico have been hanging out the past week, and they've clicked rather easily, enjoying things they have in common. Currently, they're at a coffee shop, conversing over pastries.

"So you're actually studying music, huh?" Pico asked, taking a bite of his cannoli.

"Yeah, I like writing too. Sometimes I hum little snippets and write concepts for them."

Jake blushed a little at the thought of his studies. He's always taken a liking, but only now that he has a steady enough job to pay for school is he able to pursue what he loves. He hopes one day he can share his works with the world.

Pico, finishing his snack, admires Jake for his ambition. He never got the chance to do anything he loves, let alone chemistry. He always relieved the short end of the stick, but he learned not to put his story onto other people's shoulders anymore. It's in the past, and he can't do much anymore.

Pico wanted to say something, but was distracted by Jake's glare away from him. He turned to see what was so intriguing, and he wasn't surprised. A cute barista was working at the counter, getting a few orders situated. Wavy brunette hair in a ponytail, bright chocolate eyes, rose red lips. No wonder Jake was staring so intently, which make Pico smirk a little.

"What about her?" He teased.

Jake snapped back to reality, blushing a little more prominently at the situation. He refused to face Pico, just for a moment.

"She's pretty..."

Jake's voice was calm and slow, which Pico guessed was because he was mesmerized. Something about the girl kept Jake's attention at her. Eventually, the girl noticed their table, to which Pico smirked and motioned her over.

Jake started getting nervous, like really nervous. He wasn't ready to talk to her just yet, and Pico's forcing him into this situation. He's going to slip up big time.

"You boys need anything?" The girl asked when she reached their table. Jake, with a deep blush, noticed her name tag read "Donna," which got him more flushed. That was a beautiful name to him, and it just added to his social anxiety.

"Jake wanted to ask you something." Pico pushed the situation further down the pit, to the point of no return for Jake.

"Oh really? What's your inquiry?" She turned back to Jake, focused on him.

Jake was now an internal failure. He couldn't process anything, which made the five seconds he didn't answer that much more torturous.

"Your number please?" He blurted eventually, unaware of his words for a moment before covering his face in embarrassment, muttering words to himself. This all caused Donna to chuckle however, but not at Jake per say, but instead at his inadequate confidence. In other words, she found this attractive.

"My number? Gladly~" She scribbled her ten digits on one of the napkins she had in one of her pockets and gave it to Jake, who blushed harder. He didn't expect this from her at all, which kept him frozen in his seat as Donna went back to the counter.

"Real smooth. You're lucky you're cute..." Pico rolled his eyes teasingly, believing his own words a little. Jake, on the other hand, had a number to save.