28

"Are you in love with Damon Salvatore?" Elijah asked, tilting his head to the side.

"Wow, just jump right in," Agneta laughed.

"Neta, I'm being serious.... because if you are then he's the first person you've ever really loved, right?" Elijah asked.

"I-yes," Agneta whispered, finally admitting her true feelings about Damon... seeing as they haven't even used the 'I love you' yet. " I'm being rather foolish about it, but I do believe he loves me... but I also feel like he has feelings for Elena too, even if he's denied them multiple times."

"Perhaps you could compel him?" Elijah asked.

Agneta rolled her eyes and shook her head.

"I don't want to use compulsion... it doesn't feel right," Agneta mumbled.

"You could compel Elena, and ask her if she has feelings for him.... and if not then you have nothing to worry about," Elijah replied.

"But what if she does?" Agneta questioned.

"If she does then she shouldn't be with his brother," Elijah said. "But from what I've seen lately.... Damon only has eyes for you."

"I hope so," Agneta whispered.

Elena walked through Agneta's house, quickly reaching the kitchen

Elena walked through Agneta's house, quickly reaching the kitchen.... only to find Agneta and Elijah making sandwiches together.

"Welcome back," Agneta greeted, looking over her shoulder towards Elena.

Elena nodded as she pulled her jacket off, before setting it down on the counter.

"What is Klaus's curse? Please tell me," Elena replied.

Agneta gripped the counter..... before turning to face Elena.

"Our family was close, so close that when our father picked on Klaus.... We'd always defend him, even if it meant we'd get punished too. Anyway when we became vampires, we discovered the truth.... the truth was Klaus wasn't our father's son," Agneta said, staring at a very confused Elena. "Care to take over Elijah?"

Elijah chuckled under his breath before turning to face them both.

"Our mother had been unfaithful for years, this was her darkest secret.... Klaus is from a different bloodline, and back then; that was the greatest shame," Elijah said.

Suddenly Elena's face turned into realization, she was finally putting the pieces together.

"Of course, when our father discovered this, he hunted down and killed our mother's lover.... and his entire family," Agneta replied, remembering how ruthless he was. "Our family was very barbaric."

"Agneta-" Elijah went to say but was cut off by his sister.

"What? It's true!" Agneta snapped, glaring holes into her brother. "What our father didn't realize.... he would ignite a war between two species that would rage on for thousands of years."