Chapter 4

San huffed, throwing his head as he winked after Mingi and Wooyoung had tried to settle a blind date for him. He didn't know the girl. In fact, they didn't even share a picture of her or talked to him about her before, but still expected him to go out of his way to meet with someone he could have nothing in common, other than the fact she knew Hongjoong -after working with him- and seemed as pressured as he was to meet someone.

—You always say the same thing —Wooyoung insisted—. You don't even know the girl, so why are you so quick to turn her down?

He stuttered, trying to think of a good reason.

Actually, he didn't have any good reason to turn her down. There was no reason, but it was a solid choice.

—I don't want to waste time with someone I don't know —he concluded—. If she wants to find someone to date, try to convince someone else. Why don't you go? —the attention shifted to Mingi.

The taller friend, who joined the conversation and added pressure to San just for the laughs, ended up snuggling on the couch, minding his business while scrolling through his phone, until karma went back for him.

—Unlike you, I actually go out and meet people by myself. Thanks for the worries, bud —he lifted his thumb, slowly moving his hand to show the middle finger to his friend.

Wooyoung's eyes shifted back to San, giving him that insistent look that got on his nerves. They were close, he loved him, but he swore he'd punch him on the face whenever he gave him that look.

—What's so hard about it that you can't do it? She won't bite. I bet she's open to dating, and will be willing to deal with your weird ass.

—If she has people setting her up with someone, that must be for something —San got up from the floor, determined to leave the living room.

—Actually, it's Hongjoong's doing. I don't know how we got to that point in the conversation, but he mentioned that since you're so closed to new people, it could be easier if we're the ones introducing girls to you. He said she's the only one on his contacts that seems to be single —Wooyoung's lips puckered, while shrugging his shoulders, trying to convince San.

—So you're trying to link me with someone Hongjoong has already slept with?

—Hongjoong didn't, he just knows her after he worked with her on a project —he sighed—. Apparently the girl's standards are high and she's difficult as fuck —he muttered to Mingi.

—Right, it's one hundred percent a no —San tried to close the conversation—. Tell Hongjoong I'm fine by myself, and I don't need anyone to set dates for me or any of that stuff. And stop talking about me or my love life with everyone.

San left the living room, closing himself inside his bedroom while Mingi and Wooyoung were both left outside, exchanging confused looks after they were alone.

—You think he might be dating someone already? —Mingi commented, looking at his door.

In a way, it'd make sense. It wasn't like San was completely detached from his phone before, but Wooyoung noticed the way his friend was more aware of his cell whenever he was out of the safe place his room was, to the point where they both had to tell him to leave his phone and spend time with reality. And he was caught a few times smirking or blushing at something while checking his phone, after he received a notification.

If they wanted to know, San wasn't the one they would get their information from.

—I bet he's on his phone right now —Wooyoung sentenced.

Mingi didn't need a clearer way to be told what they were about to do, getting up from the couch with a wide smile. Usually, it was always San and Wooyoung doing that type of thing to him, so it was exciting to join forces against the person that teased him the most.