chapter 2: Drive

Stella's POV:

I'm so confused why won't dad talk to me? He just keeps ignoring me and talking to Uncle Merle. Dad's been driving for hours.

I'm bored. I decided to look out the window again, it looks like we're in Atlanta... But no one's on the streets, all the buildings look abandoned

"Dad" I say, dad finally looks back at me "yea' "
But whilst he looks off the road we crash into something

My head really hurts, and I feel really sleepy all of a sudden. I'm trying to keep my eyes open but it's hard. I just wanna fall asleep.

I fall asleep. A few hours later i wake up, but dad and uncle Merle aren't in the truck. Where'd they go? I guess I'll get out of the truck and look for them.

I see a hospital maybe they went inside. I start walking towards the hospital and after a few minutes I get inside. It looks abandoned like the rest of Atlanta. "Hello?" I half shout but I don't think anyone heard me. There's a door I think it says 'dont open dead inside' whatever that's sposted to mean.

I wonder down the hall for a few minutes until I see a man wearing a hospital gown. He doesn't look sick, maybe he's nice. I walk over to him
"Um excuse me" I say to the man, he turns around and He looks at me like I'm crazy. What did I do?
"I'm Stella" I say.

Why does he keep looking at me like I'm crazy? I didn't do anything to him. "Rick" the man says.
"I'm looking for my dad and uncle have you seen them?" I ask. I really miss them

"No, I don't think I have... How old are you?" The man Rick asks "Seven" I say. "I'm actually looking for my family too" Rick says, I can see the sad expression on his face when he talks about his family.

"Maybe, we can look for are' family's together" I say, I really don't wanna be alone. "...yeah" Rick says hastily, i smile. Finally I'm Ganna find dad and uncle Merle.

Me and Rick walk around the hospital for a while until we come across a door that says exit. We walk out side and there Are a bunch of dead bodies. me and Rick walk past them.

We keep walking until we get to a neighborhood. Rick tells me to wait on the porch whilst he looks inside the house. He comes out a few minutes later looking sad.

I smile at him hoping it cheers him up a little, he just gave me a said smile back. We stop walking when we get in front of my best friend's house, well I stop walking Rick doesn't.

Rick turns around and looks at me "you okay?"
He asked sounding worried "yeah i'm-" suddenly I'm cut of by Rick getting hit in the face my a shovel.

I turn to whoever hit him and see it's a little boy maybe a little older then me. "What was that for?"
I ask concerned. He just ignores me and turns to his dad.

"Daddy, I got him, I knocked that son of a bitch out." (i cant remember exactly what he says) a man, I'm guessing was his fother walked over after killing one of those sick people.

The man turns to me. "Is he bit?" He asked "I don't know" I say still confused. The man pulls out a gun and points it at ricks head.

"Are you bit" the man asked Rick who was about to pass out. Rick passes out so the man and his son Cary him inside and tell me to come inside as well. So I go inside as well.