Good Luck Charm

So I'm back with another chapter!! Jasmine8295 and nxstalgics, I hope yall enjoy seeing more of your characters!

"So tell us again how you plan to go to the parade, ride on Klay's float AND have Kam there...with the two of y'all? Like all jokes aside, I really want to know." Jasmine was munching on some popcorn while sitting on a beanbag. She and Abigail had come over after she told them she'd be in Oakland tomorrow, taking the flight with two of her best friends.

She had explained how Klay wanted her and Kam on his float, since he considered the two his good luck charms. They had been there for his first 40-point game and his infamous third quarter. He always gave a lot of credit to them and definitely wanted his son and Erika there to celebrate with him.

"I don't know Jas, we didn't think about it I guess." Erika felt like she hit a brick wall. The two were so caught up in watching their son's excitement, they completely forgot about him possibly being exposed.

"Hey now, don't lose hope! We'll be at the parade too, remember? We can make arrangements somehow. I can ride on the bus with you, Klay and Kam. So it won't draw too much attention, he can sit in my lap or something." Abi always tried to find solutions, it was a part of her practical nature.

"Good idea and I can take him while they're making speeches afterwards. He'll never be the most noticeable child because he won't stay with one person too long. We'll make it work, Kam needs to share this moment with his daddy." Jasmine could also offer good ideas when I needed.

I may talk a lot of crap and joke around with them, but they are honestly the best. They were both there for me when I was hiding my pregnancy from the media and sharing the role as godmother to my baby boy. I couldn't ask for better friends or a better support system. When Klay couldn't spend days here with me during my pregnancy, Jasmine and Abi really stepped up and did what they could.

Now, I don't mean to sound like I'm discrediting Klay. He was absolutely wonderful, despite the circumstances. When I first told him about the situation, he freaked out. That's the most emotion I had ever seen in him until the day I gave birth. He made it a priority to come to every doctor's appointment and we even went to birthing classes together. Can you imagine 21 year old Klay in Lamaze class? Funniest thing ever but it really showed his maturity. He never backed down from responsibility and I'll always respect that.

"Yeah, we'll have to work this out because Kam really wanted to be there. I want him to be there, enjoying it with Klay and Mychal. Three generations sharing a sentimental moment would mean so much to them." Even though he didn't show it, Klay was a family man. He loved his parents with all of his heart and treated his brothers with the most love and respect. That is one thing he and I both instill in Kam is the importance of love and family. We may not be together but we do show him equal amounts of unconditional love.

"So we have a game plan, now another issue: who is going to babysit Kam while we're all in Vegas?" Jasmine has been around Dray too much lately, she's been hella turnt lately and it's due to his bad influence.

"I'm not going to Vegas with y'all, remember the last time we took a huge trip to celebrate something?" Erika remembered too well...

June 2011

Erika had been busy with hiring models for her upcoming fashion show in Washington, D.C. It was going to be a charity show with all of the proceeds going to scholarships for underprivileged high school seniors interested in a higher education. She had been blessed to be successful at the age of 20 and wanted to share her success with those who needed a hand.