Betrayal- Part 2

Chapter Four

I awoke.  There was a sharp pain in my head.  What happened? I thought to myself.  I looked around.  There were nurses rushing around my room.  I tried to sit up, and I got very dizzy.  Maria, my personal maid came rushing over to my canopy bed.  "Princess Lily!  Go back to sleep, you need your rest very much!" she said quietly to me.  She gently laid me back onto my back which was a much more comfortable position.  I looked up at her smiling face and then I fell into a deep, sleep.

Chapter Five

It was very dark in my room.  My head was throbbing with pain.  I tried sit up, but the pain surged through my head and I fell back down onto my bed.  I rested for a minute or two before trying again.  This time, I gently propped myself up by my arms and I got a brief look around.  My pink, diamond, velvet curtains were closed.  I glanced in the corner, and I saw Nana, sitting in my mothers rocking chair.  I fell back down and this time I only needed a moment or two of rest.  I propped myself up again.  I saw Nana.  She was reading one of my textbooks on manners.  She looked up at me.  I stared back at her.  "Miss Lily, what the hell are you doing up?" she asked me.  "The better question" I replied, "would be what are you doing reading my textbook?".  She smirked at me and set it down.  "Miss Lily, that is none of your business." she said standing up and setting the book aside.  She strolled over to my bed.  I glared at her, she glared back.  "So Your Highness", she said mockingly, "what are you doing awake so soon?".  "I just woke." I replied.  My arms were starting to get tired, but I stayed up.  She looked at me and said, "My, my, you are a mess.".  I glared at her, hating her even  more than before.  I started dozing of, "Nana, what happened to me?" I asked.  She started to tell her tale, but I fell back down, and dozed off into a peaceful, deep sleep.