Part one: strange doppelgängers

Lyre grew up with Remus, despite his werewolf infliction

Lyre grew up with Remus, despite his werewolf infliction. she refused to be with anyone else. Even on nights of a full moon, she would just reserve herself to her upstairs bedroom. It was a pink wall paper, something she picked when she was a kid that had small daisies patterned around it and it wasn't very big. it would just barely fit her full size bed with fluffy faded purple sheets. The bed itself was lofted on to uneven bookshelves, with thick heavy books on the shorter ones to even it out. The space underneath was more like a dark reading corner, it was just a mound of stuffed animals, blankets and pillows with tea lights that framed her mothers photos she had hanging on the wall. Though Lyre never really went down there anymore. The other side of the room had a desk and chair, it also had a dresser that was almost as tall as the girl on top it had a small cat bed for her black and white cat. Her room was obviously meant to be an attic or something you could tell by the rafters in the ceiling that hung plain white strand lights. Which would be the only light in the room if not for the bay window that lay opposite side of the door. The door would lead directly down to the small cottage, it was just big enough for the two of them. The cottage from the outside had ivy creeping on one side, coming from the extremely overgrown back garden. The back was fenced, but the front lot had a beautiful almond tree that grew right in front of Lyres small bay window. Walking in to the house from the front door, the first thing anyone would notice that wasn't the hoard; is the smell it smelled of jasmine and honey, with a very earthy undertone. Something that smelled a bit like rain and a bit like moss. The second thing you would notice is the absurd collection of objects. There was stacks of books and a clear cut path to the stairs, hallway, kitchen, and sofa. The hoard wasn't an icky one with garbage and mold. it resembled more of a dragons hoard, but instead of gold and jewels; Remus collected trinkets and books. Of course if asked he would deny it being a hoard to anyone who mentioned it. On top of the stacks of books often held mugs or bowls to collect the water from the leaks. Of course it always leaked even when it wasn't raining it was a soft ambiance though listening to the drops of water in dead of night. Like rain gently tapping down from the sky. Down the hall was Remus room and the only bathroom the house had. Often times Lyre would lock herself away in her room reading or outside in the front garden laying in the grass as a gently breeze would slowly push the clouds and trees. Lyre was often reserved, she had been raised alone in the country somewhere and has never really met anyone else her age at least no one with wizarding status, she went to a muggle school. Everyone there though was just normal, no magic no half wolf people. the closest thing she had to a wizarding friend, was Mrs.Atkins grandson who had visited the poor, bitter old woman last summer. although he is about 6 years younger than the girl, but he was just about the most annoying little boy she had ever met. Lyre didn't mind all to much though she felt she was better off alone, she related much more to muggle things. Like music and clothes, Infact she had always wanted to learn how to play the bass guitar, her uncle of course could never afford one. Muggles had jacked up prices to make them cost an arm and a leg. In fact Most kids her age would be excited about going to Hogwarts, Lyre absolutely fathomed the idea. It was her belief that most kids would avoid her for being the daughter of a infamous serial killer. Lyre hated the idea so much that she taught her cat Milk to deliver letters. She thought that if Hogwarts can't send her an owl, they wouldn't. Low and behold here she was cuddled up in a blanket of her small bay window while her soaking wet cat drop the letter at her feet. The storm continued on out side as Lyre wistfully watched the wind rattle the trees and the rain drops hit the window.
"Shit" was all she could mumble out. After about 10 more minutes of watching the storm and drying off her cat she went to go give the letter to Remus. That's when it hit her, she didn't have to go to Hogwarts. She could get a muggle job go to a muggle high school and pretend like her mother isn't insane and her father isn't a convict. She then looked down at the letter and the door knob in her hand. She then turned back to the bay window as her cat brushed past her legs. This won't be the year she gets relentlessly bullied at Hogwarts.