V1 - C8 - P5: Father Of Lies.

Start from the beginning

Shinoda Seiji:
"Yes, I come from Kagayaku Shima."
"And as impressionable of a job as it sounds, it's also exhausting."
"But the palace is gorgeous, and the view up from above is just stunning–"

Seiji's words caught the attention of the audience, he shot a side-eyed glance at Riku. Taking the cue, Riku swiftly rose from her seat, signaling her need for a short recess as she hastened toward the exit, which everyone assumed she was going to use the restroom.

She greeted the students with a warm smile and friendly waves as they acknowledged her presence. However, her lighthearted expression quickly vanished as she stepped into the long hallways, replaced by a more serious demeanor.

Hagakiri Riku(INT):
"All I got to do is proceed to the second part of the plan."
"Incase if 'He' found a way around our trap, I'll be the one to move throughout the school to see if there're any lingering students skipping or are late to the gathering."

With a sense of urgency, she quickly peeked around the corners as she sped down the large hallways, attempting to spot any straggling students who might be lurking.

Her excitement and determination to apprehend Kade were apparent, yet she appeared exhausted, with dark bags beneath her eyes and slightly bloodshot irises, indicating that she had gone for far too long without sleep.

Hagakiri Riku(INT):
"Tch... where the hell are you?"
"All of this work mustn't go wasted."
"All I have to do is hope that Seiji and the others apprehend him first, I'm too drained-"

*BANG!*

A startling bang rang out, followed by the sound of water splashing, prompting Riku to rush towards the source of the intrusion.

With her hand on the hilt of her weapon, she rounded the corner, prepared for battle, only to find a janitor attempting to clean up the mess he had made. She let out a long-suffering sigh, laced with frustration and exhaustion at the sight of the janitor's clumsiness.

Hagakiri Riku(INT):
"This damn bum."

Old Janitor:
"Oh dear!"
"Damn me, I spilled it."

Hagakiri Riku:
*Groan*
"Hey old man, what're you doing here? You're meant to be in the auditorium."

Old Janitor:
"A– ah... sorry young lady, but I still have to clean these parts."
"It's my job y'know?"

Hagakiri Riku:
"It doesn't matter, you can clean this mess up after the gathering is finished."

Old Janitor:
"I'm sorry young miss, but I can't just stop my work..."
"I'm sure you'll understand–"

Hagakiri Riku:
"IT DOESN'T MATTER, JUST GET TO THE DAMN–"

She quickly covered her mouth after her abrupt outburst. Letting out a tired sigh, she rubbed her face in disappointment.