Chapter 25 Bergen Town

So one of these tunnels leads to the Troll Tree Branch asked his brothers. That's right Floyd responded. There's so many of them John said. I wonder which one Clay questioned. I don't know Floyd spoke up again.

Choose a hole wisely! For one will lead to Bergen Town...and the others, to certain death.

Who said that? Clay questioned he was on edge It was...Clay pulled baby Branch behind him.... Me. Hey, guys, how's it going? Welcome to the root tunnels.

Uh, I just wanted to warn you. One of these tunnels leads to the Troll Tree...and the others to certain death, death, death, death...

Do you think you can tell us which is the right one? Poppy asked

You bet!

Great! Poppy said happily No, that's okay. We're fine, thanks! Floyd said dragging Poppy away.

Floyd He's trying to help us Poppy said. I don't like the looks of him. I mean, who wears socks with no shoes? Floyd asked.

He seems to know what he's talking about Poppy whispered.

Okay, fine. Which way do we go? Floyd asked. First, you have to give me a high five. Then I'll tell you Cloud Guy said.

What? Floyd asked

Oh, I love high fives. I'll do it Poppy said excitedly. Oh, I know you'll do it. Clay went to high five the cloud but Cloud guy moved his hand

But will he? Cloud guy asked pointing to Branch

All right, dumpy diapers, up high! The cloud said before Clay could hide his brother

Nope, I don't do high fives Branch responded.

Slap it, boss Cloud guy said. Not gonna happen.

Party on the top floor Cloud guy said. Nope.

Little slappy. Make daddy happy.Cloud guy said

That's weird Branch replied.

Come on, just one little high five.

Oh, no, thanks. I'm good.

Here, just do this...But with your hand.

Thank you for that demonstration. Really cleared up exactly what I will not be doing.

Branch, it's a high five. The others lead to certain death. Get perspective Poppy said.

One high five and then you'll tell us which tunnel to take, right? Branch asked

So easy.

Okay, fine! Branch said stepping away from the safety of his big brother's before going for the high five but suddenly cloud guy moved his hand

Ooh. Too slow.

Too slow? Branch asked Poppy started laughing before she said Classic.

No, no. All right. I'm gonna let you slide with a fist bump the said as Branch went in for the fist bump he started to do different things

Whoo. Shark attack! Nom-nom-nom-nom. Jellyfish!

Hand sandwich. Turkey. Snowman. Dolphin.

Helicopter. Last Supper. Monkey in a zoo.

What? Branch said annoyed. Gear shift both Poppy and Cloud Guy started laughing

Okay, okay, okay. Now I'm thinking we hug. Branch's brothers could tell that this Cloud was annoying their little brother seeing a stick at his feet Clay picked it up a snapped it in half causing thunder to rumble as the Cloud Guy started running screaming as he ran Clay chasing him.