Chapter 31. Games

Start from the beginning

"Viggo," I choke, my nerves suddenly getting the better of me as he grasps my knees and spreads my legs without any hesitation.

My embarrassment is well lagging behind my lust as I watch Viggo kneeling between my thighs staring right into my exposed vagina. His nostrils flare as he draws in my scent before he turns his eyes glowing eyes back to meet mine.

"You have no idea how beautiful you scent mate and I cannot wait to taste what you offer."

I gasp as Viggo slams my legs shut, knocking my knees together.

"When you get that little mouth and temper of yours under control first."

"What the-" I grab a pillow and cover my naked hips as Viggo straightens his shirt and reties his hair before he walks to the door.

"Get dressed, the threat is over for now. We're leaving this room. Neo wants to see you and I have work to do."

I lay there my face flaring with embarrassment and anger burning inside me. It takes me a full minute to understand I've been left hanging.

"Ass," I grumble and get up in search of my jeans, all while the ache between my legs throbs with dissatisfaction.

My panties are unwearable so I ball them up and toss them in the trash can in the bathroom.

I fix my hair and avoid looking at the mark on my neck. It's got me in so much trouble today. My lips are swollen and red. I touch the tender spot where Viggo bit me.

"Stupid damn Lycan. He's going to turn me into a damn chew toy." I mutter into the mirror before I leave the room with a last glance around.

So much was unveiled in this room in the short time we were here and I find myself exiting it feeling very different from the girl that entered.

I jolt in surprise as I find Viggo outside the door leaning nonchalantly against the stone wall.

"I thought you had work to do." I snap walking past him down the winding stone stairwell.

"I do. But you still don't know your way around the Castra."

I scoff at his explanation. "Let me guess Kyros won't let you leave me to my own devices."

I chuckle at his brooding silence knowing I've hit the nail on the head.

"Well, serves you right. That was quite ungentlemanly leaving me high and dry like that. I expected better manners from a King." I needle just a little.

"You haven't met too many Lycan Kings then. Be warned Quilla. Lycans have a very low tolerance for disrespect. I accept your childhood has left you without the normal rearing of your rank that would have prepared you for the role you were born into. You are the Alpha Queen, sooner or later you will have to step into that role."

Viggo steps around me and I step smack into his chest.

"Hey!" I snap, rubbing my nose as he curls his hand into my hair.

I'm tempted to slap it but I'm feeling all fought out at the moment.

"I'm sorry for leaving your needs unmet, mate. Believe me, nothing would have pleased me more than to use my mouth to pleasure you. When I do, it will not be in some windowless panic room."

He sniffs the tendrils of my hair before he takes my hand and leads me down the hall.

The Goddess knows I'm chafing and still embarrassed but, fuck my life, Viggo is something else. How can I even stay mad at him when he speaks to me like this? My mind is somewhere between a marshmallow and a hot potato.

As I walk silently beside him, staring at my hand firmly clasped in his, I realize I am one hundred percent not equipped to handle a male like him or to be in his world.

The hallways are still empty and outside lycans continue to patrol the perimeter of the Castra as we head back.

"I thought you said the threat was over."

"For now. We don't know who else Tariq may have got to. The Castra has been cleared of all non-essential staff. Everyone that was residing within has been relocated to other housing we have available in the east woods."

We reach a large set of ornately carved doors that open to a large office. Viggo's, by the thickness of his scent within and the variety of potted plants around the room.

"Neo is on her way, take a seat." He directs me to a large leather sofa and I sit down picking at some imaginary fray in my jeans as I watch him settle his large frame into a massive chair that looks like it would take about ten wolves to lift.

He rummages through a drawer while I find myself unable to stop staring at him.

Still formally dressed from breakfast in his tailored button-down shirt and pants, his inky black hair neatly tied back into a ponytail, everything about Viggo, the way he moves, speaks, dresses and scents screams Alpha King.

I look down at myself in my jeans and T-shirt with his Rolex still glimmering from my wrist.

I'm ridiculous. I don't know how to act, speak, or behave the way a Luna Queen is supposed to.

Hell, I just shamelessly jumped him from here to Kingdom Come. Not exactly Luna Queen behavior.

I'm just a bear-raised girl from Blackwood. I know hardly anything about being a werewolf, let alone mate of the Alpha King.

"I'd like you to go through these."

I look up as Viggo walks around his desk to hand me a folder.

"What is it?" I take the folder, opening it to find several sheets of paper with what looks like profiles of wolves inside.

"This is the list of Alphas I have shortlisted for my new Betas. Whoever is chosen will also serve you, and their mate will become your Beta female. You have as much say in this as I do. I'd like your opinion. Consider this your first real task as Alpha Queen."

My surprise only deepens as Viggo kneels before me bringing us almost face to face.

His liquid gold eyes hold mine firmly.

"No more games Quilla. We don't have the luxury of time."

"Games?"

I place the folder down on the seat beside me, anger rising yet again. Lord help me, I can't seem to temper my emotions around this male.

"My time is only short because you have forced it by marking me. Days Viggo! That's all you've given me before I go into some damn heat! You seem to conveniently forget it's you who took the shortcut to get me here and put my life at risk. Then you demand I do a job we both know I am not ready for. You really should have thought this through before you decided I was going to be Queen without even asking me if it was something I even wanted to do "

The dark scowl and low rumble rattling through Viggo's chest only irks me more.

"I forget nothing Quilla. I'm well aware of the mistakes I have made. I just chose not to let them define me. I am Alpha King. It is who I was the moment I was conceived just as you were chosen by the Moon Goddess to be my Luna from the moment of your conception. I don't question my destiny and you would be foolish to question yours."

He picks up the folder and holds it out to me again.

"I cannot change what I did, and I will never lie to you, which is why I do not apologize for marking you. You are and will be the best thing to happen to me and Kyros. That is the promise of the Goddess. Only you have the power to make this mating a happy one or one riddled with pain."

He rises and my neck strains to look up his full sweeping height.

"I hope you choose the latter, mate. I would rather spend my time loving you than fighting you."

_____________